Hello!, my fellow Fiverr peeps. I'm new here!

Hi!

My name is AJ. I am new on Fiverr and I am already in love with this wonderful site/platform. I heard about Fiverr through a news article about how it is helping out a lot of people with a variety of services ranging from arts to translation services.

My main interests lie in helping people out by editing and proof-reading their work. This includes word documents and blogs to more niche stuff like bachelor’s/master’s theses and scientific articles in the field of science of technology. I have 5 years of experience proof-reading and editing all kinds of articles (right from university).

If you have any tips or suggestions on how to improve either my profile or gigs, I would love to hear them from you guys 🙂

You are more than welcome to check out my profile on Fiverr at -

https://www.fiverr.com/hanshuber16

Hi!

My name is AJ. I am new on Fiverr and I am already in love with this wonderful site/platform. I heard about Fiverr through a news article about how it is helping out a lot of people with a variety of services ranging from arts to translation services.

My main interests lie in helping people out by editing and proof-reading their work. This includes word documents and blogs to more niche stuff like bachelor’s/master’s theses and scientific articles in the field of science of technology. I have 5 years of experience proof-reading and editing all kinds of articles (right from university).

If you have any tips or suggestions on how to improve either my profile or gigs, I would love to hear them from you guys 🙂

Your profile looks good, but you do include a lot of words per gig for $5. Now you sell 5000 words for $5. It is suitable for a new seller to give a good deal at first, but once you start to get positive reviews, then you may want to start selling fewer words per $5. Good Luck! 🍀 And welcome to the Fiverr Forum.

Your profile looks good, but you do include a lot of words per gig for $5. Now you sell 5000 words for $5. It is suitable for a new seller to give a good deal at first, but once you start to get positive reviews, then you may want to start selling fewer words per $5. Good Luck! 🍀 And welcome to the Fiverr Forum.

Hello vickiespencer,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the valuable suggestions. I will keep that in mind. :hugs:

Hi!

theses

Welcome…!

Please correct the spellings of thesis, it’s not theses. As you said you have 5 years experience of proof-reading so such mistakes should be avoided at this stage. 🙂

Thanks

@maccon good catch. I only read his profile. 😉 But I was going to tell @hanshuber16 to not do academic work. I see you offer to do thesis proofreading. I have turned down thesis and dissertation work because TOS states:

Third party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

I think I need to contact CS to get this clarified. :thinking:

theses

Welcome…!

Please correct the spellings of thesis, it’s not theses. As you said you have 5 years experience of proof-reading so such mistakes should be avoided at this stage. 🙂

Thanks

Hello @maccon ,

I really appreciate you going through my post and also for your reply. However, I wanted to use the plural of thesis - which is “theses” and not just the singular, thesis.

Thanking you.

Hello @maccon ,

I really appreciate you going through my post and also for your reply. However, I wanted to use the plural of thesis - which is “theses” and not just the singular, thesis.

Thanking you.

However, I wanted to use the plural of thesis - which is “theses” and not just the singular, thesis.

Oh, I learned something new today! Watch Buyer Requests. Those types of jobs do pop up from time to time! 😉

@maccon good catch. I only read his profile. 😉 But I was going to tell @hanshuber16 to not do academic work. I see you offer to do thesis proofreading. I have turned down thesis and dissertation work because TOS states:

Third party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

I think I need to contact CS to get this clarified. :thinking: The actual academic work will already be written by the client. So, I am not entirely sure if that would go against the ToS. I would really appreciate it if you could kindly let me know if you hear back from Customer Support.

Thanks,

AJ.

I think I need to contact CS to get this clarified. :thinking:

Yeah exactly…! 👍

@vickiespencer Thanks for letting me know about the ToS. However, I am only offering to proof-read (edit a few words here and there, if there are any spelling or syntax errors) and format their thesis work 🙂 The actual academic work will already be written by the client. So, I am not entirely sure if that would go against the ToS. I would really appreciate it if you could kindly let me know if you hear back from Customer Support.

Thanks,

AJ.

One of the gigs I wrote when I first started on Fiverr offered to proofread “academic documents.” Fiverr took it down until I took out the word “academic.”

One of the gigs I wrote when I first started on Fiverr offered to proofread “academic documents.” Fiverr took it down until I took out the word “academic.”

@vickiespencer oh wow! Finger’s crossed. 😛 I hope that I will be able to sort things out with them, in case they decide to take my gig down.

I really appreciate your genuine interest in helping the new people out, despite being a busy, level 2 seller yourself.

Thank you.

@vickiespencer oh wow! Finger’s crossed. 😛 I hope that I will be able to sort things out with them, in case they decide to take my gig down.

I really appreciate your genuine interest in helping the new people out, despite being a busy, level 2 seller yourself.

Thank you.

I hope that I will be able to sort things out with them, in case they decide to take my gig down.

It’s best not to offer proofreading academic work at all, because they might ban your account, not just remove your gig.

I hope that I will be able to sort things out with them, in case they decide to take my gig down.

It’s best not to offer proofreading academic work at all, because they might ban your account, not just remove your gig.

Hello @catwriter

Thanks for your suggestion and yes, I have already taken that gig down. I only have the generic, proof-reading gig up right now.

Hello and welcome on Fiverr!

What i can suggest is creating more than one gig and trying to offer more than one service either as something complementary or something different, good luck!

Thanks for the nice suggestion… I was thinking about doing the same 🙂 Gonna set a couple more up.

@vickiespencer Thanks for letting me know about the ToS. However, I am only offering to proof-read (edit a few words here and there, if there are any spelling or syntax errors) and format their thesis work 🙂 The actual academic work will already be written by the client. So, I am not entirely sure if that would go against the ToS. I would really appreciate it if you could kindly let me know if you hear back from Customer Support.

Thanks,

AJ.

kindly let me know if you hear back from Customer Support.

I got an answer from CS today. It is against the TOS to proofread thesis or dissertations. 😕

• 6 months later...

Archived