Hello people of Fiverr! Finding my feet and looking for tips

benmbrodie

Hi all, I’m Ben, I’m from Devon in the UK, and I just arrived on Fiverr a couple of weeks ago. I had doubts about diving head first into freelancing but thought, ‘why not’, and here I am… and I must say I’ve been blown away by how well it’s gone (so far!).

I’ve had 25 orders on my transcription and proofreading gigs within the first 10 days or so, and everyone seems to be fairly keen to take a punt on someone who hasn’t developed a reputation yet. My feeling is that this is a very friendly ‘community’ and I’m looking forward to getting to know it, and everyone here, better.

So now I’ve been here a while and have tried to find out as much as I can about Fiverr in such a short space, I thought I should introduce myself here and also ask for a couple of cheeky tips, as my sales seemed to have dried up completely in the last 3 or 4 days, and I hope it’s only my inexperience which is holding me back!

I have plans to do a little ‘promotional video’ of sorts and will obviously be adding ‘gig extras’ as soon as I’m a Lever 1 seller - I’ve also revised the info on my gigs and my tags numerous times as I’m finding my feet and seeing what works and what doesn’t. But apart from those fundamentals, what other things can I do to ensure that the sales don’t dry up?

Also, what are the rules on promoting your gigs elsewhere? I’ve heard all these scare stories about people being banned for promoting their gigs and their Fiverr URL on other websites, and all sorts of other scare stories, and I just wanted to be sure where the limit is? I couldn’t find anything of that nature in the ToS.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Ben (benmbrodie) :)>-

Guest tn5rr2012

Hi Ben and welcome glad you are here. My suggestion is to create a YouTube channel and maybe do some direct editing videos with your clients. Good luck and keep up the great work

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tn5rr2012

I know I promote my family tree gig with the url on many websites and forums, that is the best way I know to get myself seen and heard

Archived