Hello To The Write Crowd...lol

hippyguru

I am a brand new fiverr and new to online freelancing too. I do, and have done, a lot of free content writing, proofreading, and editing for charitable organizations and decided to try making some money for doing it as well. I’m still not quite sure how all this works but I have read all the Seller information on fiverr, the tips and so on. I’m sure I’ll figure it out. I wish you all luck in all your endeavors!

I am a brand new fiverr and new to online freelancing too. I do, and have done, a lot of free content writing, proofreading, and editing for charitable organizations and decided to try making some money for doing it as well. I’m still not quite sure how all this works but I have read all the Seller information on fiverr, the tips and so on. I’m sure I’ll figure it out. I wish you all luck in all your endeavors!

Hello hippyguru,

Welcome to Fiverr!

I have read all the Seller information on fiverr, the tips and so on.

That’s wonderful. I would also suggest that you carefully go through the ToS (if you haven’t done that already).

The forum also has several informative forum threads/posts that might help/interest you.

Good luck! ☀️

Welcome to the jungle. Please hang your sanity from the first available tree branch and proceed forward. 🙂

My only tip here would be to create lots of different gigs in different niches and spruce them up with some eye-candy. Maybe head to Canva and create some images. Also, you should ideally spend a lot of time researching what sells on Fiverr, by going through the search and looking for top-selling gigs in non-saturated writing niches.

It’s a hard slog but a few have survived. - Kind of 🙂

926255744_welcomebackground-20705_640.jpg.5da05fca2a286b9171b275bc84439438.jpg

My best tip: Evaluate and change out your gigs regularly until you find the ones that work well for you here.

I know you said you’ve already read a lot of tips, but in case you missed some, I’m sharing these helpful links at Fiverr with you:

I know this is a long post, and it requires a lot of reading. But, if you do read it, act on it, and take advantage of the suggestions, it will help you be successful on Fiverr. There are no easy routes to success on the platform, but the guidance here will put you ahead of most other sellers, and help you turn Fiverr into a viable income stream. The question is, how important is that to you? The Fiverr forum is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and interact with other highly-engaged…

This one is very recent:

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/before-posting-asking-about-more-orders-no-orders-tips-buyers-first-order-read-this/287436

Welcome and I hope you have great success here!
Sandi

Welcome to the jungle. Please hang your sanity from the first available tree branch and proceed forward. 🙂

My only tip here would be to create lots of different gigs in different niches and spruce them up with some eye-candy. Maybe head to Canva and create some images. Also, you should ideally spend a lot of time researching what sells on Fiverr, by going through the search and looking for top-selling gigs in non-saturated writing niches.

As @cyaxrex (Andy) so colorfully put it. image.jpg.dffb96d975853bebe0fcf77c8e4f0e6c.jpg

Good luck 🍀 with your new adventure.

My only tip here would be to create lots of different gigs in different niches and spruce them up with some eye-candy.

Lol, :rofl: My gigs all have a Chibi or a picture of me. I wonder if I qualify for “eye candy?” 🍫

I’m not “write” but also I’m not wrong 😂

Welcome! 😊

You’re also never going to win any major comedy awards 😂

Sorry, I’m such a bar steward sometimes. At least, though, the OP now knows that they are on the write track by deciding to involve herself with us fellow pun lovers. 🙂

Sorry, I’m such a bar steward sometimes. At least, though, the OP now knows that they are on the write track by deciding to involve herself with us fellow pun lovers. 🙂

You are really something else and I mean it !!! :rofl:

You are really something else and I mean it !!! :rofl:

I secretly like it when I’m bored but have a chance to make someone else far away in the world smile. Don’t tell anyone, though. It’s a big personal secret. 🙂

Hello hippyguru,

Welcome to Fiverr!

I have read all the Seller information on fiverr, the tips and so on.

That’s wonderful. I would also suggest that you carefully go through the ToS (if you haven’t done that already).

The forum also has several informative forum threads/posts that might help/interest you.

Good luck! ☀️

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the posts…there are SO many it feels overwhelming. But I really want to learn more about everything.

I really like Canva. That’s a great idea. I was searching through all my pics today for one that, “shows my enthusiasm for my gig” (or something like that) and I realized I don’t have any pics of my computer or paper and pens. I mean what pictures do I put on there for that? I can make a paper hat! lol

I will try different gigs out to see how they go. I was looking at gigs yesterday. Again, there are SO many it feels overwhelming.

Thanks for the tips!

welcome%20background-20705_640

My best tip: Evaluate and change out your gigs regularly until you find the ones that work well for you here.

I know you said you’ve already read a lot of tips, but in case you missed some, I’m sharing these helpful links at Fiverr with you:

I know this is a long post, and it requires a lot of reading. But, if you do read it, act on it, and take advantage of the suggestions, it will help you be successful on Fiverr. There are no easy routes to success on the platform, but the guidance here will put you ahead of most other sellers, and help you turn Fiverr into a viable income stream. The question is, how important is that to you? The Fiverr forum is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and interact with other highly-engaged…

This one is very recent:

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/before-posting-asking-about-more-orders-no-orders-tips-buyers-first-order-read-this/287436

Welcome and I hope you have great success here!

Sandi

Wow, thanks! I’ll read those next. I appreciate your help directing me to specific threads!

As @cyaxrex (Andy) so colorfully put it. image

Good luck 🍀 with your new adventure.

My only tip here would be to create lots of different gigs in different niches and spruce them up with some eye-candy.

Lol, :rofl: My gigs all have a Chibi or a picture of me. I wonder if I qualify for “eye candy?” 🍫

I only have my pic on mine. I’m gonna try canva though. Thanks for welcoming me!

Welcome! 😊

I had to come up with something original for my title. They kept rejecting everything as already on there! Do you like doing the proofreading? Have you been doing it a long time? Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Hippyguru!

Welcome to Fiverr.

Have you thought about including a before/after picture in your Gig gallery? Even a picture of text with a bunch of proofreading symbols on it could work.

I think there are lots of proofreaders on here who just run text through Grammarly. It’d be good to prove to buyers you’re a level above such sellers (and even Grammarly itself!).

Hope you get your first sale soon.

I had to come up with something original for my title. They kept rejecting everything as already on there! Do you like doing the proofreading? Have you been doing it a long time? Thanks for the welcome!

That originality is what brought my attention 😃 I really thought you were playing with words so I jumped in, I wasn’t proofreading you 😅

I do Spanish proofreading and, although I’m an engineer, I’ve been doing it practically during almost my whole professional life. People write so, so badly that it’s hard and painful to read - specially in Spanish were an accent or even an “z” or an “ll” may change the meaning of words and hence, make the sentence have no sense.

Archived