Help a beginer

chiphraim

@voiceoverwork provided you with some great resources and I’m sure that anything I say will have been repeated in there. But I just wanted to speak from personal experience. Just a few notes - always, always read over your work before sending. This includes your delivery message. There’s nothing worse than hitting “deliver” and then realizing that you had a few typos in there. Also, what I did to start out was offer a service that I knew people would be incredibly interested in. It wasn’t something that I necessarily was passionate about but it got the orders flowing in and increased my rating. From there I started creating gigs that I really enjoyed doing and my baseline rating helped me bring people to it. Hope that helps. My inbox is also always open for questions if you need a mentor 🙂

Babybear, You must be a genius to navigate and understand this horrible terrible website. I hate to think of all the hours I have wasted just trying to get the Fiverr system to work for me. I can’t even find now where to buy gigs, and on the last job I got done, Fiverr stopped me paying the last to gigs to the seller although she had done a fabulous job for me. Can anyone tell me how to get some real support from Fiverr otherwise I will have to give up and use another site to engage contractors.

Well, I stopped to see if I can offer some help, but I see you have got all you need to start a fantastic career on Fiverr.com. Very good advice! So I just wish you all the best and enjoy it!

Hmm… a small TIP: Keep a your humor and be polite in any case. Be a diplomat. Read the forum every week (both the users and the official one), lots to learn here and there!

happyspace 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest imagecore

You’ll do well if you make friends with some of the top sellers. They might be nice enough to share their secrets with you!

This is a good site and you can post on this site by offering your services through gigs. You will get orders from interested people and after working good, you will get paid with good feedbacks. Keep posting gigs for offering your services and increase your chances of getting hires.

• 2 weeks later...

All great advice 🙂

Make sure you do a gig that is something you like to do.

Read the buyer instructions or requests very carefully and thoroughly before delivering the completed gig. You want to avoid rejections or the need for a “redo,” although it happens. Make sure you are always polite and remember, “the customer is always right!” I make sure all of my gigs are happy gigs…I have 100% rating! It is important to make sure your client leaves happy. They will come back if they are and leave a great review!

Can someone tell me how to contact Fiverr? I have requested and paid for gigs, only to find that the seller flaked out without even informing me, causing me to lose money and time. These people should be reported and penalized. Why was there no option for me to vote (rate) and give a negative feedback like others did?

Archived