Fiverr Community Forum

Help and opinion needed

Hey Forum users! I hope everyone is doing OK in the current circumstances?

Please weigh in with your opinion as to what I should do with my situation below;

During the night a buyer submitted an order on my gig without first speaking to me (personal pet hate but not against any rules) and requested my basic gig, transcribing audio into a blog post. The basic gig covers up to 500 words; however, the actual length of what has been requested is nearly four times that with the transcript being just under 1900 words.
Do I (A) respond to buyer and say that they have misordered and that what they need to purchase and request the correct cost?
(B) report to Customer Care and ask for a cancellation that won’t go against my figures as the buyer didn’t order the correct gig and has really underordered?
© do the project anyway, ask them to contact me in future and hope they get the idea?
or
Mystery option D, something I haven’t thought of?

I thank you all for your comments and opinion

1 Like

Never option C. Option B probably won’t work, CS rarely accepts cancelations not counting towards your completion rate. Ideally you should send a gig extra covering the extra cost, but if the client is trying to exploit you, it will not work and you will end up having to cancel anyway. Tough situation.

2 Likes

option C was my least favourite and I am leaning toward option A.
Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

You are thinking in the right direction.
However it’s not a choice of a, b or c. It’s a choice of “if”.

I always first reaching out and telling them your option A, attaching screenshots and mark in red on a screenshot parts that I want to highlight in your case it will be package they ordered and amount of words. And right after that even without waiting for their response I’m sending them a custom offer.
(Maybe in this situation of virus I would’ve made a discount for them, also mentioning that in my message but really just a couple of bucks just to sweeten bad news a bit)

And then if they don’t accept it then you go to fiverr CS saying that your buyer chose wrong package and don’t have money to upgrade.

3 Likes