Help...attempted scam in progress

reginabrim

I submitted a gig
The graphic artists accepted the gig.
Before I paid I asked if revisions were included.
When the initial bid and ask was put in the artists’ English was perfect.
Now I get a message saying they cannot deliver the project on time and they need an additional 50 bucks. The English during the request was horrible.
I also reverse imaged the artist picture and it’s of a British fashion model.
Trying to cancel the gig…will Fiverr help?

If you clearly negotiated what was expected, bought the correct gig (or arranged the correct offer for your needs) and the designer is saying you need to pay more, I would honestly cancel the gig. You can wait for customer service to help you, but they’re running very slowly right now and I worry that waiting on them will take you out of the window you have to act on this. Just say that “This isn’t what we negotiated when I purchased this gig and am no longer interested in working with you” and put through a cancellation. If a seller can’t properly quote an accurate payment for their efforts, you are under no obligation to pay for their mistake.

As far as the English part of things goes, no idea. It’s possible the seller sub-contracts or allows someone else to log into their account, that’s on Fiverr to figure out and punish. But yeah, from your end, that’s too many red flags - start over again with another seller and check their reviews carefully.

Thank you for your response. I requested a cancellation and did a wee bit of digging.
The Avatar used for the this user is that of British Actress Rita Ora. I also did a reverse image search of the work they said they created. Its of another tshirt company
The user answered my request of by saying they will NOW do the work for the budget discussed and will exclude any work they did on the project.
Seems to sketchy to me…and will still attempt to cancel the project…wow this is my first Fiverr buy and a headache already…

Thank you for your response. I requested a cancellation and did a wee bit of digging.

The Avatar used for the this user is that of British Actress Rita Ora. I also did a reverse image search of the work they said they created. Its of another tshirt company

The user answered my request of by saying they will NOW do the work for the budget discussed and will exclude any work they did on the project.

Seems to sketchy to me…and will still attempt to cancel the project…wow this is my first Fiverr buy and a headache already…

Report all that to CS, they will get a strike and eventually be banned.

Before I did this…I tried to research.

This was supposed to be a relatively safe community.

Hoping to find a better seller

There’s a brand new section here on the forums https://forum.fiverr.com/c/fiverr-vid/42 and all four spotlights say in their top three tips that contacting a seller before purchasing is critical to a good experience.

Also, here: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/Tips-for-Buyers/14

Very curious, if you don’t mind my asking, where did you hear this?

There’s a brand new section here on the forums https://forum.fiverr.com/c/fiverr-vid/42 and all four spotlights say in their top three tips that contacting a seller before purchasing is critical to a good experience.

Also, here: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/Tips-for-Buyers/14

Very curious, if you don’t mind my asking, where did you hear this?

I was an Cannabis advocate and used facebook before I got banned.

This was a supposedly a place to get freelancers to help with graphics

So, you heard about Fiverr on FB? That’s… not a surprise. Unfortunately, one of the most common bits of “advice” that’s bounced around among new sellers is to post on social media. Equally unfortunately, almost none have any idea how to properly market. Top 5 Fiverr Myths - Debunked! (from a Seller’s perspective, but it’ll give you a good idea of what you’ll oft face.)

I submitted a gig

The graphic artists accepted the gig.

Before I paid I asked if revisions were included.

When the initial bid and ask was put in the artists’ English was perfect.

Now I get a message saying they cannot deliver the project on time and they need an additional 50 bucks. The English during the request was horrible.

I also reverse imaged the artist picture and it’s of a British fashion model.

Trying to cancel the gig…will Fiverr help?

Definitely a scam seller Or a reseller.

You can open dispute at order page to cancel this project.

and if your seller didn’t accept the cancelation then contact Fiverr Support.

Hopefully Fiverr CS could solve your problem asap

Wish you luck 🙂

So, you heard about Fiverr on FB? That’s… not a surprise. Unfortunately, one of the most common bits of “advice” that’s bounced around among new sellers is to post on social media. Equally unfortunately, almost none have any idea how to properly market. Top 5 Fiverr Myths - Debunked! (from a Seller’s perspective, but it’ll give you a good idea of what you’ll oft face.)

Thank you.

As soon as I get my money back. Gonna look for another seller…

Fingers crossed

If you clearly negotiated what was expected, bought the correct gig (or arranged the correct offer for your needs) and the designer is saying you need to pay more, I would honestly cancel the gig. You can wait for customer service to help you, but they’re running very slowly right now and I worry that waiting on them will take you out of the window you have to act on this. Just say that “This isn’t what we negotiated when I purchased this gig and am no longer interested in working with you” and put through a cancellation. If a seller can’t properly quote an accurate payment for their efforts, you are under no obligation to pay for their mistake.

As far as the English part of things goes, no idea. It’s possible the seller sub-contracts or allows someone else to log into their account, that’s on Fiverr to figure out and punish. But yeah, from your end, that’s too many red flags - start over again with another seller and check their reviews carefully.

UPDATE the seller declined my request for cancellation saying now they will do the job how I want.

I immediately requested another cancellation.

Very odd…but a happy resolution.

The buyer refused my cancellation.

A few hours later customer support cancelled the order and refunded my money.

I cant seem to find a place to leave a negative review of the seller. But I would the search is now on for another seller.

Any tips folks…

Very odd…but a happy resolution.

The buyer refused my cancellation.

A few hours later customer support cancelled the order and refunded my money.

I cant seem to find a place to leave a negative review of the seller. But I would the search is now on for another seller.

Any tips folks…

It was good that you kept declining and ask for cancellation.

Fiverr is filled with those.

Since he did not deliver anything, no point in a negative review, but what you can do is report his profile using flag under his name and share that he uses other people’s work on his portfolio.

Regrading the whole situation, unfortunately, Fiverr is a little “luck matters.”

I just had an order placed by a client.

My mandatory requirements are that he testifies he contacted my prior order, and we negotiated the price. He clicked yes on both. He did not contact me at all.

His work is hand drawn, and I have three packages, simple, complex, hand drawn.

Guess which one he selected? Simple.

I am a designer with over 14 years of experience, and these things annoyed me.

It was good that you kept declining and ask for cancellation.

Fiverr is filled with those.

Since he did not deliver anything, no point in a negative review, but what you can do is report his profile using flag under his name and share that he uses other people’s work on his portfolio.

Regrading the whole situation, unfortunately, Fiverr is a little “luck matters.”

I just had an order placed by a client.

My mandatory requirements are that he testifies he contacted my prior order, and we negotiated the price. He clicked yes on both. He did not contact me at all.

His work is hand drawn, and I have three packages, simple, complex, hand drawn.

Guess which one he selected? Simple.

I am a designer with over 14 years of experience, and these things annoyed me.

I get it…now the same user is contacting me asking me to give them another chance.

Saying they are the victim.

Sigh…

Time for me to move on and get my logo done

I get it…now the same user is contacting me asking me to give them another chance.

Saying they are the victim.

Sigh…

Time for me to move on and get my logo done

If you are looking for logo you are entering space with over 180000 sellers and maybe 20-40% is there due to covid and YouTube suggesting it is easy money.

“Come on Fiverr, make gig, use online logi maker, easy money.”

For logo design you need luck times 10 to get designer that knows what he is doing and willing to deliver on your budget.

If you are looking for logo you are entering space with over 180000 sellers and maybe 20-40% is there due to covid and YouTube suggesting it is easy money.

“Come on Fiverr, make gig, use online logi maker, easy money.”

For logo design you need luck times 10 to get designer that knows what he is doing and willing to deliver on your budget.

gotta keep trying and keep my momentum

Before I did this…I tried to research.

Hoping to find a better seller

Fiverr is a relatively safe community for buyers and sellers. But like all communities, there are rogues who spoil it. But past experience shows that when rogues are reported to Fiverr, customer support do take action.

gotta keep trying and keep my momentum

Hey @reginabrim! Just a note that you can “block” that seller from contacting you - within a message from them, just click their icon and it’ll bring you to a page that has their bio info on the left and gigs on the right, I believe. Underneath their portrait/icon, there should be options to “block” and “flag” - just block them so you don’t have to deal with that aggravation anymore.

I’m really sorry you had that experience in your first gig on Fiverr. I hope you won’t give up on the community just yet! We have some really amazing folks here with a ton of talent - the bad apples just tend to be really awful.

Be very careful! Always do a reverse image search before hiring an artists. I’m a graphic artist myself and I saw a lot of scammers, stealing art from other artist, passing it as their own and even sometimes selling it. I’ve reported a couple of them with a link to the original art. They seem to have disappeared from the site after that. But still some buyers got scammed. I can’t imagine what legal trouble a buyer could get into because of that. Imagine trying to use the art you paid for, for commercial purpose, not knowing the art your using was stolen in the first place. They should really verify the artist before publishing their Gigs.

Yes, very safe. Mods reading your DMs, CS not responding to refunds, scam sellers, reports doing seemingly nothing, so on and so forth. I am so done with this site after having one horrible experience after another, and now CS is not responding to my request to get my money back. Very fun for me so far. /s

Mods reading your DMs, CS not responding to refunds, scam sellers, reports doing seemingly nothing, so on and so forth.

Unfortunately since pandemic and with shortage of staff fiverr support became almost non existent for both buyers and sellers which is really frustrating.

It was way better before Covid times, even sellers were getting response in 2-8 hours and now it became over 10 days 😕

Same for reporting sellers who’s stealing work. I’ve been reporting seller since April, already like 7 times and he is still there, still selling stolen designs. Now I’m thinking to contact original people who created his logos that he is showcasing as his in hope that fiverr take it more serious if the creator will contact them.

my first Fiverr buy and a headache already

We are really sorry to hear so, However it’s the game of choosing best amongst bests. But the market isn’t saturated anymore, Fiverr is promoting new sellers nowadays. No Doubt, which is a good thing.

But many undeserving sellers having no skills are privileged with this ranking algorithm.

That’s why it’s highly recommended to cross check the portfolio artworks before placing an order.

I hope you will never experience the same, This market is full of talent and as this isn’t a parallel universe, there are few dumbs also who just resell the orders. Best Wishes!

Thanks

Team Memaker

Archived