Help! I gave out my phone number!

joeywrites

Hi everyone,

I don’t know how safe it is but a customer requested for my phone number to discuss about a job and I gave it out with little or no consideration as to the implication/repercussions.

Please, did I do the right thing? Would it later come back to haunt me?

I need replies please.

Joey

Joey, I’ll be straight with ya. You messed up big time.

Off-site communication is definitely not allowed on Fiverr and in some cases can even get your account demoted or banned.

This is what happens when you don’t read the TOS.

Thanks for being brutally honest. I messed up. Can you send me a link of the TOS? So I can go through it. I’ve been searching all over for it.

Thanks… I’ve gone through it. I don’t intend to do transactions outside fiverr and stated it clearly to the buyer in my message. One little problem though, I can’t find the part that says not to give out phone numbers.

I don’t want to ask for too much but I will be glad if you will please help with it.

Thanks…

Thanks… I’ve gone through it. I don’t intend to do transactions outside fiverr and stated it clearly to the buyer in my message. One little problem though, I can’t find the part that says not to give out phone numbers.

I don’t want to ask for too much but I will be glad if you will please help with it.

Thanks…

I can’t find the part that says not to give out phone numbers.

Trust @ssj1236 it is there. But I seem to remember that the verbiage is more like “no contact outside of Fiverr” meaning you cannot exchange phone numbers, emails and so on.

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

The above is from the Terms of Service.

Thanks…

I can’t find the part that says not to give out phone numbers

Does it say that off-site communication is not allowed? If yes, then what on earth did you think was going to happen when you shared your number with someone?

contact fiverr CS as soon as possible. as far as i know this is a serious issue you shared.

contact fiverr CS as soon as possible. as far as i know this is a serious issue you shared.

I would not do that! 😱

Customer service may give him a warning or even ban his account!😖

Be careful and give good advice, not the advice that gets another seller in trouble. 😉

I can’t find the part that says not to give out phone numbers

Does it say that off-site communication is not allowed? If yes, then what on earth did you think was going to happen when you shared your number with someone?

I got you the first time. How do I solve this problem? I have taken it up with CS and is waiting their response at the moment.

I would not do that! 😱

Be careful and give good advice, not the advice that gets another seller in trouble. 😉

Have you ever looked out the window at the world?

Why on Earth would you give your phone number to a random person on the Internet?

If you don’t get banned for breaking TOS, maybe think of creating a gig called "I will be your serial killer magnet."

I’m sorry, but when people forfeit basic common sense to earn a few dollars, they deserve what they get.

Have you ever looked out the window at the world?

Why on Earth would you give your phone number to a random person on the Internet?

If you don’t get banned for breaking TOS, maybe think of creating a gig called "I will be your serial killer magnet."

I’m sorry, but when people forfeit basic common sense to earn a few dollars, they deserve what they get.

I should resign myself to fate then…

I would not do that! 😱

i think fiverr watching all time what we are really doing in our conversation with buyer. there is a big difference if he did wrong by his mistake or he did wrong to get some extra advantage from buyer. lots of seller have been marked with this issue after a certain time by fiverr.

i think fiverr watching all time what we are really doing in our conversation with buyer. there is a big difference if he did wrong by his mistake or he did wrong to get some extra advantage from buyer. lots of seller have been marked with this issue after a certain time by fiverr.

Like I said earlier, it did not cross my mind. It was after I had clicked the send button that it dawned on me. But can you please explain what you mean by “lots of sellers have been marked with this issue after a certain time by fiverr”?

Like I said earlier, it did not cross my mind. It was after I had clicked the send button that it dawned on me. But can you please explain what you mean by “lots of sellers have been marked with this issue after a certain time by fiverr”?

like few days later you receive a mail from fiverr and written there your account has been banned for sharing personal details. as far as i know this is happening … that’s why i wrote this is a serious issue. just my opinion.

like few days later you receive a mail from fiverr and written there your account has been banned for sharing personal details. as far as i know this is happening … that’s why i wrote this is a serious issue. just my opinion.

And there is no way out of getting my account banned? I reported myself. Wouldn’t that earn me a warning or something lighter?

And there is no way out of getting my account banned? I reported myself. Wouldn’t that earn me a warning or something lighter?

And there is no way out of getting my account banned?

Time will tell . . .

Wouldn’t that earn me a warning or something lighter?

It may or may not. CS is very unpredictable. Please come back and let us know what happened. 😶

Um, Joey!

When I read the topic title, I couldn’t help myself but to smh. :woman_facepalming:t4:

t8TnvJe.gif.e570c2748b7ee1222dfbea713a14e92d.gif

This action is def a TOS violation.

The best thing you can do right now is keeping your fingers :nail_care:t4: (sorry there isn’t a masculine fingers emoji) and toes 👣 crossed.

few days later you receive a mail from fiverr and written there your account has been banned for sharing personal details.

I don’t know what you are trying to get across, but this does not happen to people who don’t share details. I’ve been on Fiverr for years and I’ve never received a warning for sharing personal details.

few days later you receive a mail from fiverr and written there your account has been banned for sharing personal details.

I don’t know what you are trying to get across, but this does not happen to people who don’t share details. I’ve been on Fiverr for years and I’ve never received a warning for sharing personal details.

I agree. I have many buyers who have become like friends. I talk with them about personal details with them and I have never received any warnings.

I agree. I have many buyers who have become like friends. I talk with them about personal details with them and I have never received any warnings.

if you not received any warning why you scared us?

if you not received any warning why you scared us?

You must have given out your detail too but didn’t make it public. I get it now…😄

Archived