Help me for better rating

julie84

Hello,

Just by simply reading the short sentence you wrote here tells me ( and other people too I guess) that English is not your first language. I’m sorry to sound mean

here but you are clearly not capable of writing at a native level, yet you offer gigs to write essays, papers, and thesis?

Also, you need to be honest and professional, use your OWN description and do NOT copy other seller’s description if you are really serious about getting orders.

It would be best to offer gigs where you can use the skills you have.

Reply to @best_seo:

Exactly! It’s a micro jobs site, not a money tree. You have to sell a service people want to pay money for. It amazes me how many people just create any old gig and expect it to sell.

No offence OP, but unless you outsource your work, you don’t have a career on Fiverr selling word-related gigs.

Like Zeus said, offering English based gigs when you don’t speak very good English doesn’t look very good…

And I see now that on one of your gigs you also say “I am a native English speaker (USA).” Based on your post here, it doesn’t seem like it… because it really doesn’t make sense. Not trying to be mean or anything, just trying to help and give feedback 🙂

Reply to @julie84:

Haters??? Woah, I’m guessing you are talking about me and the other few people who gave you an honest advice…well I am indeed a huge hater of people who copy/pastes other people’s gig description so maybe it is right for you to say so! 😃

It’s too bad that you did not like what I said, but it seems like you got an order so I guess I should say good luck and congratulations…? 😃

Reply to @julie84:

Since I am the one that responded in the first place, I might as well stay on board till the end. First of all I would like to apologize for assuming that you were referring to me, it seemed like it was me you were talking about me, but I guess that wasn’t the case. So for that, I’d like to say sorry.

Having that said, I believe “discourage” is not the right word.

You asked us here how to get orders. I pointed out that the mistake you were making, since I believe HONESTY and PROFESSIONALISM is the key to success. Weren’t you asking for advice??? And yes, every time someone asks us for help, I tend to respond, and my comments might seem harsh to them and you. Here’s the sad part though: for some reason the ones that asks for help tends to be copying other people’s gigs, whether it is the description or the images. Now THAT is what you should not do to the original sellers. When people copy other people’s gig descriptions and claiming it to be theirs, they are lying to the buyers. I point out those mistakes, is that “discouraging?” If I said something like “Wow, your gig is terrible, you will never get orders” that can be called discouraging.

If I see someone asking for help here with broken grammar, I will point out that they should ask someone to fix it. If someone is using other people’s images, I will advice them to take it down and use their own image. If someone is copying other people’s descriptions which does not match up with who they are or what they can do, again I will point that out.

There is a reason why I despise copied gigs and descriptions. I had my gigs stolen/copied a few times in the past, and let me tell you, it is quite annoying! People might say I should be flattered, but sorry, I just don’t react that way. I spent a great amount of time creating and editing the gig, trying my best to come up with a good idea along with a clear description. Then someone shows up and takes that away? Nah, can’t let that happen! 😛 If I posted a thread like “Hey, look what I’ve found, a copied gig! Here is the link to the copied gig, and here is the link to the original one!!” that’s kind of childish, but I will defend my action here by simply saying "You asked for advice, I gave you mine."

Wow, this got longer than I thought. Thanks for reading, and again, I hope you at least think about what I pointed out.

You all have a nice weekend 😃

Reply to @julie84:

Oh, so you mean me, huh? 😉

I’m sorry if I sounded harsh. I’ve had some rough customers this week. The writing niche can be hard; I guess I was just trying to warn you. I didn’t mean to sound like a jerk. When customers throw your work back at you, it’s annoying!

Good luck with your orders!

Reply to @vainpaper:

Haha, thank you 😃

Sad thing is, these copied/stolen gigs will always be around. Just a week or so ago I came across a copied gig, then yesterday I found another. Both gigs belonged to 2 of my facebook buddies. The copied ones did get deleted, but I know I will keep seeing them. Sigh~~ [-(

OMG, why are people falling all over themselves to apologize? Lying is wrong, stealing other’s works is wrong, pretending to ask for advice when you just want to bait people into clicking and ordering is wrong. Not hate, truth. Another truth, if @juli84’s profile pic was a middle-aged man, this board wouldn’t be full of smiley faces and ‘helpful advice’ on how to spin all the wrongs. Sheesh!

And while I’m on the topic of truths, having well-crafted, legitimate native English writing gigs and a professional image and work ethic doesn’t amount to a hill of beans on Fiverr. Half of the best-selling writing gigs are grossly flawed and at best an exaggeration of what they actually are. Some of the most honest, and highly professional gigs offered here don’t sell at all. For every “be the best” success story, there are two and half “get away with as little work as possible and trick as much as possible” success stories.

It doesn’t matter if you take the high road or the low road, you will make sales or you won’t. But at least have the decency to be up-front about whichever road you’re on.

Good luck and good day. 🙂

Reply to @itsyourthing: Wow, you said several things I was thinking. After giving suggestions to a ton of people lying about language, using stock or stolen photos, false locations I wasn’t sure it was worth bothering. Mostly I think I’m ignored when I bring it up and the offenders trade with others for some good reviews and off they go. Thanks for speaking up.

Archived