Help me help those who are suffering in my country

madhand

Guys, I don’t know if this is allowed here but I might as well try. Bohol, an island here in the Philippines, recently suffered from a 7.2 magnitude Earthquake and up until now, there are several aftershocks. A lot of people in Bohol are still stuck in areas where they can’t be reached by relief goods because of bridges collapsing.

Here’s a quote from our Philippine Institue of Volcanology and Seismology…

"At 8:12 AM on 15 October 2013, Tuesday, a destructive earthquake of magnitude 7.2 shook the island of Bohol and nearby provinces. Smaller-magnitude earthquakes followed afterwards, and as of 1:00 pm, 16 October 2013, 885 earthquakes have been recorded by the PHIVOLCS seismic monitoring network. At least 15 events were reportedly felt in the epicentral area. The main shock and succeeding aftershocks were located in the vicinity of Bohol. These recorded events were shallow, with a depth of at most 32 kilometers. Based on spatial distribution of succeeding events and characteristics of the earthquake, the event is tectonic in origin.

Based on preliminary intensity reports, the strongest ground shaking at PEIS VII was felt at Tagbilaran City and several cities in the province of Cebu. Neighboring island provinces of Cebu, Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental, Camiguin, Panay, Leyte, and several areas in northeastern Mindanao felt the earthquake at varying intensities of PEIS I-VI."

If you could send in a little donations, that would be of great help. PM me for details. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived