HELP me I INSTALLED WORDPRESS ON my CLIENT WORKING WEBSITE

parthjuneja

I am a new seller.I provide wordpress website services.My client CPANEL SUPPORTS 5 domains.1 DOMAIN already has something on it.While installing wordpress from cpanel of my client i by mistake selected THAT DOMAIN which has already some istallatation…Now i installed the wordpress on that and SELECTED REPLACE PHP FILES.What should i do now???

Now my clients another site got messed up.If there is any way of backup or anything pls HELP!

You need to make a backup before you alter anything. To be honest, you should just apologize to your buyer and cancel this order. This could take you buyer a lot of time, work, and stress to put right. Personally, I can’t see them being able to trust you going forward.

First, check on CPanel if your client has a scheduled backup of the site.
If there isn’t any you have still some chance to fix the damage.
If you replaced only the php files of the WordPress directory, you have lost only the theme and the site settings (wp-config.php). You should still have the database that contains the actual data of the site. It could also be that the wp-content/uploads directory (with its content) is still there.

First, check on CPanel if your client has a scheduled backup of the site.

If there isn’t any you have still some chance to fix the damage.

If you replaced only the php files of the WordPress directory, you have lost only the theme and the site settings (wp-config.php). You should still have the database that contains the actual data of the site. It could also be that the wp-content/uploads directory (with its content) is still there.

Yes i can see the content of the site while browsing that site.but it is showing in list

Yes i can see the content of the site while browsing that site.but it is showing in list

It could mean that the theme and possibly some plugings are broken because some files are missing. My suggestion is to download the database, the whole site directory as it is and then investigate locally using xampp. You will need to take a look to the database with phpmyadmin to find out what was the theme and the plugins in use and so on. Inform the buyer.

We all make mistakes, @parthjuneja - take a breath, focus - and fix this. Only customer service can help you. Get their details, call them, ask them to roll the site back. They won’t even be surprised.

Thanks mate luv you so much.They have a daily backup of that site

How can i thank you man.They told me they are doing RESTORE.

It could mean that the theme and possibly some plugings are broken because some files are missing. My suggestion is to download the database, the whole site directory as it is and then investigate locally using xampp. You will need to take a look to the database with phpmyadmin to find out what was the theme and the plugins in use and so on. Inform the buyer.

Thank you so much

Support helped

Archived