Help me improve my Gigs and Profile. I dare you

norvel42

I am a relatively new user and I am always striving to improve and learn more, especially from experienced people. I therefore would love to hear feedback on both my Ggs and my profile so I can keep growing as a seller in this platform.

I took a quick look at your translation Gig (only a quick one, because it’s getting late here).

I think you could improve your initial offering. In order to stand out from the crowd, consider offering more words for $5 than your competitors. Whittle this number down as you grow.

I also think you could improve the opening line of your Gig description. It’s very wordy. An opening line should be short and snappy, if possible. Your goal is to get the reader to move on to the second line.
If you want, you could break that long opening clause in to multiple sentences: “Do you need help understanding a document? Do you require help communicating with someone in Spanish or English?”

You could also include technical details of your service. Which file types do you accept? Which file types can you deliver in? Try never to leave a buyer’s questions unanswered. They’ll usually click away.

Finally, it couldn’t hurt to show a sample of a translated text. Humans tend to be persuaded by concrete things: concrete stats, images, etc.

I took a quick look at your translation Gig (only a quick one, because it’s getting late here).

I think you could improve your initial offering. In order to stand out from the crowd, consider offering more words for $5 than your competitors. Whittle this number down as you grow.

I also think you could improve the opening line of your Gig description. It’s very wordy. An opening line should be short and snappy, if possible. Your goal is to get the reader to move on to the second line.

If you want, you could break that long opening clause in to multiple sentences: “Do you need help understanding a document? Do you require help communicating with someone in Spanish or English?”

You could also include technical details of your service. Which file types do you accept? Which file types can you deliver in? Try never to leave a buyer’s questions unanswered. They’ll usually click away.

Finally, it couldn’t hurt to show a sample of a translated text. Humans tend to be persuaded by concrete things: concrete stats, images, etc.

Thank you very much for your advice! I think you’re right, I will change my initial offering and give the customers a bit more than my competitors to stand out.

Archived