Help Me Out - Graphic Designers and Video Editors

stephanie200

You only need to focus on 2 things then, besides an i5 processor or better.

Dedicated graphics card:
Nvidia 900mx series or higher
AMD

RAM:
8gb is good, 16gb is better for video encoding.

Acer always has the best price in this. Saying because my new laptop’s an acer with i5 8gb and NVIDIA 940mx (2gb) with a ssd. at $600.

You only need to focus on 2 things then, besides an i5 processor or better.

Dedicated graphics card:

Nvidia 900mx series or higher

AMD

RAM:

8gb is good, 16gb is better for video encoding.

Acer always has the best price in this. Saying because my new laptop’s an acer with i5 8gb and NVIDIA 940mx (2gb) with a ssd. at $600.

Thank you very much. What kind of high-end programs do you run on this Laptop.

Thank you very much. What kind of high-end programs do you run on this Laptop.

I don’t.

I think the only resource consuming program I run is the Adobe Suite.

I don’t even game, but got it at a good price. My main focus was the Nvidia graphics.

I don’t.

I think the only resource consuming program I run is the Adobe Suite.

I don’t even game, but got it at a good price. My main focus was the Nvidia graphics.

Okay. The price is definitely Good. I am just looking for something that can stand the test of time - maybe two - three years. I will be running programs like Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Suite, Corel Draw, Photo Shop and some low end video editing video softwares

Okay. The price is definitely Good. I am just looking for something that can stand the test of time - maybe two - three years. I will be running programs like Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Suite, Corel Draw, Photo Shop and some low end video editing video softwares

Well, ALL my laptops have been Acer for the past 15 years almost. So definitely biased here.

But something that stands the test of time, would completely depend on how you treat your laptop.

Since everything is compact in a laptop, always ensure there’s plenty of ventilation around the exhaust ports. Also utilize laptop coolers especially when running your softwares, since the the internal temp of your unit goes up the moment you are running everything on full power.

I currently have a laptop cooler running and also running a small desktop pc fan running vertically next to the laptop’s exhaust when im running my softwares.

I use my laptop as my workstation so i don’t move it around, so fixed a fan right next to the exhaust vent to give it extra cooling effect, as it helps suck out all the extra heat and drops the working temp by few degrees (i check using hw monitor software).

Also over time, dust will gather on those internal exhaust fan components, so you would need to blow them out with either compressed air or use a vacuum cleaner.

Well, ALL my laptops have been Acer for the past 15 years almost. So definitely biased here.

But something that stands the test of time, would completely depend on how you treat your laptop.

Since everything is compact in a laptop, always ensure there’s plenty of ventilation around the exhaust ports. Also utilize laptop coolers especially when running your softwares, since the the internal temp of your unit goes up the moment you are running everything on full power.

I currently have a laptop cooler running and also running a small desktop pc fan running vertically next to the laptop’s exhaust when im running my softwares.

I use my laptop as my workstation so i don’t move it around, so fixed a fan right next to the exhaust vent to give it extra cooling effect, as it helps suck out all the extra heat and drops the working temp by few degrees (i check using hw monitor software).

Also over time, dust will gather on those internal exhaust fan components, so you would need to blow them out with either compressed air or use a vacuum cleaner.

Thanks again for this tip. The Laptop market is pretty dynamic these days. Wish I can get a concrete view from someone who actually runs these softwares I am about to study

Thanks again for this tip. The Laptop market is pretty dynamic these days. Wish I can get a concrete view from someone who actually runs these softwares I am about to study

Which software are those?

As i said I run adobe Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop.

If you run Aftereffects or Adobe Premier, you may want to consider the specs I mentioned above.

Just get any laptop with a decent amount of RAM and a DEDICATED graphics card and you will be fine to run any software.

Oh try get an i5 or i7.

Which software are those?

As i said I run adobe Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop.

If you run Aftereffects or Adobe Premier, you may want to consider the specs I mentioned above.

Just get any laptop with a decent amount of RAM and a DEDICATED graphics card and you will be fine to run any software.

Oh try get an i5 or i7.

Thank you very much. Do you run all these softwares simultaneously?

Umm…

The link’s not working, can you link me the product directly?

amazon.com
41kG6Ujbn1L._SY400_.jpg

Amazon.com: Acer Aspire R 15 Convertible Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i7, GeForce 940MX, 15.6" Full HD Touch, 12GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, R5-571TG-7229: Computers & Accessories

Acer R5-571TG-7229 comes with these high level specs: 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.5GHz (4MB L3 cache), Windows 10 Home, 15.6" Full HD (1920 ...

$799.99

amazon.com
41kG6Ujbn1L._SY400_.jpg

Amazon.com: Acer Aspire R 15 Convertible Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i7, GeForce 940MX, 15.6" Full HD Touch, 12GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, R5-571TG-7229: Computers & Accessories

Acer R5-571TG-7229 comes with these high level specs: 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.5GHz (4MB L3 cache), Windows 10 Home, 15.6" Full HD (1920 ...

$799.99

One more thing. Will you prefer a core i5 to cut cost or just go for a core i7 being that both are 7th generation processors

amazon.com
41kG6Ujbn1L._SY400_.jpg

$799.99

Wow, THAT is a VERY powerful unit.

Especially with the i7 and the SSD hard disk.

👍

It is MORE than enough for your needs.

Wow, THAT is a VERY powerful unit.

Especially with the i7 and the SSD hard disk.

👍

It is MORE than enough for your needs.

Thank you very much. What about the last question I asked. I am just searching for a way to cut cost now that I know my limit. You know, a dollar saved is a dollar earned

Thank you very much. What about the last question I asked. I am just searching for a way to cut cost now that I know my limit. You know, a dollar saved is a dollar earned

Look at the price difference. between an i5 and i7.

If it is $30-40 then get i7, if it is greater than $100, i5 is good enough.

7th gen processor is the current latest. I have the 7th gen i5.

You will need i7 if you are running like autocad, 3d video creation softwares, like if you need a serious workstation. Your software requirements are not those, so i5 will work for you.

Look at the price difference. between an i5 and i7.

If it is $30-40 then get i7, if it is greater than $100, i5 is good enough.

7th gen processor is the current latest. I have the 7th gen i5.

You will need i7 if you are running like autocad, 3d video creation softwares, like if you need a serious workstation. Your software requirements are not those, so i5 will work for you.

Thanks once again, I think I will go for the i7 7th gen. just to leave room for these complex upgrades

One more thing. What is the least screen size you can recommend

15.6" is standard.

But mine’s 17" because I use a 28" LED monitor as a secondary, so the difference would be too stressful for my eye.

If you are sitting in front of laptop directly, 15.6 works. You can always use an HDMI cable to hook it up to an LED monitor you know. So you will have dual screen.

15.6" is standard.

But mine’s 17" because I use a 28" LED monitor as a secondary, so the difference would be too stressful for my eye.

If you are sitting in front of laptop directly, 15.6 works. You can always use an HDMI cable to hook it up to an LED monitor you know. So you will have dual screen.

Okay. Thanks. I think that will be all for now. I will let you know the day I decided to hit the buy button

Archived