Fiverr Community Forum

Help me with my gig issue

Whenever I publish my gig on Fiverr and try to find it, it always says “We could not find data about your gig, please try again later or contact a support agent using the link below.”

And after I made few changes on that gig it shows “Looks like your Gig is active but needs further review from our side to appear in search results. Please contact us so we can check your Gig and help you out.”

What should I do now??
Help me please

7 Likes

I think they will reviewits changes. If your gig passed the review then it will appear in search results. If not, you will need to contact support center again. Just wait some hours.

1 Like

I tried to contact with them already. Its almost 5 days but they didn’t give me any response yet.

1 Like

Oh, So sad. Sometimes happened it. I was in this situation. So, I had to delete my gig & opened new one. This was my experience.

1 Like

Did the same thing too but still same problem… Its really frustrating…

1 Like

So, so sad. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

I really need to solve this issue badly… :pensive:

1 Like

Is it solved? :sleepy: :raised_back_of_hand: :raised_back_of_hand: :raised_back_of_hand: :raised_back_of_hand: :raised_back_of_hand:

Your gig doesn’t professional on this fiver platform further you check your gig like services and delivery charge perfectly shoot on your skills

1 Like