Fiverr Community Forum

Help my with my buyer's problem

Please reply if anybody is reading this and knows the issue. My buyer aimed to place an order, He confirmed the order but at the time of payment, he paid, but fiverr system crashed, he got a message from credit card company that he has paid, but that payment is not showing on fiverr. He has faced this issue of payment. He has written an email to customer service. He is panicking at the moment. Tell me if anybody here can help? He is worried about his work needs to be done within 12 hours.

1 Like

It’s against terms of service to provide school work.

4 Likes

No. it is actually a presentation board design, and this is my assumption that he may be a student, the way he is panicking

Now you’re back pedalling? You said he was a student pretty confidently in the post above. Now you’re just assuming. Hmm.

In any case, he wrote to customer service. What are you worried about? It’s not your problem, and there’s nothing you can or should do. Let him hear back from them.

1 Like

okey thankyou for helping me out. and is it a rule? please confirm me because I have recently joined fiverr. so that I may not make any mistake

There’s a rule against providing any type of school work, homework, essays, etc.

2 Likes

Or maybe your buyer just wants a free work :roll_eyes:

Even if that work is professional? it is not allowed? a client doesn’t have to be a student in any case?

What do you mean? If the client is not a student, then it’s not school work, is it?

Maybe you’ve misinterpreted my words. I didn’t get your reply

I am clueless. I should only start working when he confirms the order. right?

Helping to prepare academic work is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

4 Likes

I should ask him if he is a student. because this thing is bothering me, and I can not violate the rules in any case. Should I backoff if he is a student? Will it effect my rating?

What is the job? You don’t need to ask him, he can lie anyway. It should be pretty evident if it’s school work or not.

Of course. Don’t do a free work. It seems that your “buyer” just pushed you to do a job quickly and free and after that he will dissapear. This is just my IMHO

3 Likes

It is a presentation board design of a physical model that he has made.

Well, it’s taking CS longer to respond now (most people are saying it’s 3 days or more), so I don’t think it’s going to help your buyer much if he needs the delivery in 12 hours.

Don’t do the work for free. There’s no guarantee your buyer would pay you (or could pay you, if something’s wrong with his payment method) when the work is complete.

4 Likes

I’m not completely sure of what that means, but it doesn’t sound like it’s straight up academic work, so it should be fine? In any case, he’s not gonna get it in 12 hours, just move on and forget about it. Also keep in mind that orders on Fiverr have a minimum duration of 24 hours, you can’t set a lower limit, so a 12 hour delivery is not enforceable anyway.

3 Likes

I should directly refuse then? I feel that he is a student, I stated it before too. I don’t want to get into any trouble.

As you have already received a warning from Fiverr as discussed in another topic you had better not do any work that may be academic.

1 Like