Help needed to get Top Rated Badge!

Hello everybody,
I have been working on Fiverr since April 2015 and I became a Level 2 seller in April 2016. Since then I have maintained my level 2 status. It means, I have never been demoted!

I completed Top Rated Seller requirements on Feb 2019 and waiting to get TRS badge for the last 17 months.

The purpose of this post is to get help in finding out what’s wrong with my profile/gigs or what is pushing me away to get the promotion?

Below are some details that you may need to know to better analyze my case.

Joined Fiverr: April 2015
Niche: Graphic Design
Avg. Selling Price: $52.23
Total Completed Orders: 851
Total canceled Orders: 47 (Cancelled only 9 orders in last 2 years)
Warnings: NO warning received in 5 years
Negative Reviews: NO negative review in 5 years
Total Reviews: 638
First Nomination of TRS: Feb 2019
Consistent waiting months for TRS: 17

(Feel free to ask me if I didn’t list any important info.)

PS: I understand that there is no Fiverr employee here on this forum and no member has the authority to promote me. So I am only looking some genuine advice on what I am missing.

I don’t have the answer but I just want to say that it’s great that you’ve been so successful on Fiverr. You’re clearly a professional who cares.

The only thing I can suggest (and this is not aimed at you!) is that a lot of people think they are entitled to TRS status, and I imagine that Fiverr is inundated with applications.

I guess demand completely outstrips supply in this way.

Hello everybody,

I have been working on Fiverr since April 2015 and I became a Level 2 seller in April 2016. Since then I have maintained my level 2 status. It means, I have never been demoted!

I completed Top Rated Seller requirements on Feb 2019 and waiting to get TRS badge for the last 17 months.

The purpose of this post is to get help in finding out what’s wrong with my profile/gigs or what is pushing me away to get the promotion?

PS: I understand that there is no Fiverr employee here on this forum and no member has the authority to promote me. So I am only looking some genuine advice on what I am missing.

Only Fiverr knows who they select for TRS, and why that seller is worthy. There is nothing you can do to gain the TRS badge, nor do you need it in order to be successful. It looks like you are a great Level 2 seller, you should be proud of that fact. Focus on continuing to be a great Level 2 seller, and if Fiverr chooses to promote you someday, you can consider that a reward for work well done. Until then, don’t worry about things you cannot control. Level 2 is an excellent achievement. Be the best Level 2 seller you can be.

I don’t have the answer but I just want to say that it’s great that you’ve been so successful on Fiverr. You’re clearly a professional who cares.

The only thing I can suggest (and this is not aimed at you!) is that a lot of people think they are entitled to TRS status, and I imagine that Fiverr is inundated with applications.

I guess demand completely outstrips supply in this way.

Thanks for the compliments. I don’t think there is a gap between demand and supply because I have seen a few cases in my category who were promoted to TRS despite the fact that they had poor statistics than me. Also, there are some sellers in my category who are even better than me (almost in every sense) but still they haven’t got the badge yet.

I have a hunch that Fiverr team doesn’t review all nominated profiles thoroughly.

Only Fiverr knows who they select for TRS, and why that seller is worthy. There is nothing you can do to gain the TRS badge, nor do you need it in order to be successful. It looks like you are a great Level 2 seller, you should be proud of that fact. Focus on continuing to be a great Level 2 seller, and if Fiverr chooses to promote you someday, you can consider that a reward for work well done. Until then, don’t worry about things you cannot control. Level 2 is an excellent achievement. Be the best Level 2 seller you can be.

No doubt. Agree with you except.

There is nothing you can do to gain the TRS badge

I think, there is something sellers can do that’s why Fiverr used to email same suggestions to all the sellers who were nominated but not promoted.

Hello everybody,

Hats off. 🎩

TRS are only hand picked by fiverr team, one of the factors amongst all other criterias for TRS to be nominated is to be active on fiverr forum to help the new sellers with your experience if it is something you are not actively doing give it a try.

Best of luck

one of the factors amongst all other criterias for TRS to be nominated is to be active on fiverr forum

I do not agree. There are TRS’s that have never been on the Forum. Just yesterday a seller announced she earned her TRS and she is almost never seen on the Forum.

TRS are only hand picked by fiverr team, one of the factors amongst all other criterias for TRS to be nominated is to be active on fiverr forum to help the new sellers with your experience if it is something you are not actively doing give it a try.

Best of luck

is to be active on fiverr forum

This is a misconception. Two of my friends are Top Rated Sellers and they rarely pop up here. However, I have been active here for last 4 years. Here is a glimpse of my Forum activity.

image.thumb.png.1f1c0d928d4ff7000e54834ee69902db.png
image1164×167 4.84 KB

Hello everybody,

This is the best part of your success 🙂 Hope you will be selected soon for TRS.

Hello everybody,

NO negative review in 5 years

Great to know.

I have no negative review in last 3 years. I have more than 1+ reviews with ( 3 negative reviews in total ) I’m also waiting for someday to get TRS ( already requirement finished 5 months ago )

is to be active on fiverr forum

This is a misconception. Two of my friends are Top Rated Sellers and they rarely pop up here. However, I have been active here for last 4 years. Here is a glimpse of my Forum activity.

This is a misconception. Two of my friends are Top Rated Sellers and they rarely pop up here.

And there are some Top Rated Sellers who have never posted on the forum before getting the TRS status. They might have posted later, or not, but you’re correct, posting on the forum definitely isn’t necessary for becoming a TRS (and it’s so nice to see someone who understands that!).

I’d probably take out the google shortened link to your portfolio (they might want you to put the full link if it’s an allowed URL)

I’m not sure if they might think some of the gig images are too similar (eg. 3 look the same apart from the text).

The gig video thumbnail when shown on the profile for “I will add animations to powerpoint presentation” has text that looks cropped (due to Fiverr cropping it but maybe repositioning the text or choosing a different frame taking into account Fiverr’s cropping might help that).

In your gigs maybe changing/removing the bit about “24/7 availability” might help. I think most TRS don’t say that (since unless it’s a team or something, 1 person is unlikely to be available 24/7).

I’d probably take out the google shortened link to your portfolio (they might want you to put the full link if it’s an allowed URL)

I’m not sure if they might think some of the gig images are too similar (eg. 3 look the same apart from the text).

The gig video thumbnail when shown on the profile for “I will add animations to powerpoint presentation” has text that looks cropped (due to Fiverr cropping it but maybe repositioning the text or choosing a different frame taking into account Fiverr’s cropping might help that).

In your gigs maybe changing/removing the bit about “24/7 availability” might help. I think most TRS don’t say that (since unless it’s a team or something, 1 person is unlikely to be available 24/7).

Thank you so much for your wonderful suggestions!!! LOVE your feedback.

The shortened linked is allowed and most of TRS in my category have similar shortened links to their portfolio added in their gig description. Also, I have recently noted a TRS who has similar consistent style for all of her gigs. But changing colors and fixing the cropped stuff may help! Also, I realize I haven’t updated my gig images for a few months. I will give it try this month and let’s see how it goes 🙂

I will also remove 24/7 now to test it if it works.

Thanks again for your insightful comment.

The shortened linked is allowed and most of TRS in my category have similar shortened links to their portfolio added in their gig description. Also, I have recently noted a TRS who has similar consistent style for all of her gigs. But changing colors and fixing the cropped stuff may help! Also, I realize I haven’t updated my gig images for a few months. I will give it try this month and let’s see how it goes 🙂

If you do update your gig then it will not decrease you gig’s rank. I’m not sure i just heard we should not update gig if it’s performing well. So as i’m not sure so just asking…

You have to be careful to do a lot change in your gig , because your gig will be big possible to lost in the search . I have that experience with my gig before , I edit and do change a gig for three times , and than never can search it again , before that gig was my most famous gig , many buyers click it and contact me by that gig , but after I do three times change , I don’t get any message by that gig again for more than a year …

So , be careful to edit the gig for too many times , if it’s not really importent to make change

You have to be careful to do a lot change in your gig , because your gig will be big possible to lost in the search . I have that experience with my gig before , I edit and do change a gig for three times , and than never can search it again , before that gig was my most famous gig , many buyers click it and contact me by that gig , but after I do three times change , I don’t get any message by that gig again for more than a year …

So , be careful to edit the gig for too many times , if it’s not really importent to make change

The majority of the feedback given is to be taken seriously by level 2 seller who wishes to be top rated.

No seller on Fiverr isn’t aiming for that.

Credibility on the marketplace should be added to some of the numerous benefits

I guess only the fiverr editorial team would be able to answer for that but at the moment, what is written is that you meet the requirement as stated by fiverr

fiverr editorial team would be able to answer

They can answer it but they don’t. 😦 They give generic feedback not particular for a specific seller.

Thanks for sharing your experience @lilychinadancer

I had similar experience with one of my gigs. It used to appear on first page in first 4-6 rows but I changed the title 3 years ago and then it never ranked again.

Whether it’s allowed or not is not your only concern.

You also must consider if it makes you look suspicious. A lot of people may wonder if you have a virus in there and people don’t like opening links if they don’t have proof of what they’re opening.

I’m giving an opinion based from my observation. It may be right or it may be wrong, so please don’t take my words seriously. I think it all depends on how saturated your category is. Fiverr may (stressing on the word MAY) have quota on how many TRS should be in one category. I found it’s easier to get to TRS in niche category once they reach the requirement, rather than over-saturated category such as graphic design or translation etc. If there are huge number of level 2 sellers in the category, which also meet the requirement to level up to TRS at the same time, you may find it harder to level up as the you are facing bigger competition.

Whatever it is, please be pleased you are being successful right now with your current seller’s level. Also, knowing you had your chance to being promoted to TRS by maintaining the requirements, hopefully one day you would able to get it.

Yeah, being a TRS has it’s own perks. You will get your own personal portfolio in your profile, revenues being cleared faster, and faster customer support as well (I usually got my problem/inquiries solved within 10-15 minutes). But in term of earning or sales, I don’t see any significant impact.

Archived