Help out a fellow editor/proofreader!

lifeforce2020

Hello from a fellow proofreader… albeit one on the other side of the Atlantic.

Your gig title states ‘I will expertly edit and proofread up to 1500 words in a few hours’ - but it’s displayed alongside “from $5”…

… however when you click on the gig, you then see $5 is actually for 750 words only.

I just think that sets a false promise.

So i should change it to “up to 2500 words” right?

So i should change it to “up to 2500 words” right?

I think you should go with 750 words so it matches the customers expectations, because

… however when you click on the gig, you then see $5 is actually for 750 words only.

When you set it to “up to 2500 words” the buyer might be confused at first and feel kind of cheated. At least that’s how I would feel and that’s a reaction you’d probably not want to provoke.

“I will proofread 750 words for $5”

Solid advice, @english_voice. That’s a great way to state it!

Well I can edit up to 1500 words in a few hours, keep in mind the “up to.” So is my title conveying that information (cause I can do up to 2500 words in 2 days, and up to 1500 words in a few hours). Can you give me alternate titles that convey the same message as my current title? Thank you all for the help!

Well I can edit up to 1500 words in a few hours, keep in mind the “up to.” So is my title conveying that information (cause I can do up to 2500 words in 2 days, and up to 1500 words in a few hours). Can you give me alternate titles that convey the same message as my current title? Thank you all for the help!

As @english_voice said in his initial comment - the title is displayed alongside “from $5” - so including 1,500 words is just a point of confusion, that I think might cause you some problems with buyers. Why not leave out the word count:

I will expertly edit and proofread your content in a few hours

As @english_voice said in his initial comment - the title is displayed alongside “from $5” - so including 1,500 words is just a point of confusion, that I think might cause you some problems with buyers. Why not leave out the word count:

I will expertly edit and proofread your content in a few hours

Ok that title sounds great! Thanks for the help everyone!

Archived