Help please!

samueltutor

Hello all, I signed up for fiverr a few days ago and posted my gig. The gig is not showing up in search and I am not even showing up in search as a seller! I contacted Customer Support and here is the response:
“The service you have offered on Fiverr is not in our editorial focus and guidelines. Due to this, your Gig will not appear in our search results”.

My gig is posted under writing and translation – proofreading and editing and my gig title is “I will professionally proofread and edit 1500 words”

What am I doing wrong? My gig looks like the many others under the same heading. This seems like a mistake to me but how do I fix it?
I appreciate your help. Thank you

samueltutor:

Good news. All is o.k. Your Gig is there. It is alive and well. It is indeed in Writing & Translation, Proofreading & Editing. (I found it by clicking your username in your post above. You can find anyone’s Gig that way).

I won’t post the link here, as that will delay my reply coming through. (Links in Forums have to generally be reviewed before being approved, except in the “My Fiverr Gigs” category of the Forums).

To find your Gig page and its URL, follow these steps.

1. When logged in, from the Fiverr homepage, hover over your profile name in the upper right.
  2. Click “Selling.”
  3. Click “My Gigs.”
  4. On the next page, on the far right, click on the down arrow.
  5. Click on “PREVIEW.”

Don’t worry if you cannot find your Gig doing a search or surfing through the sub-category your Gig is in. The appearance of Gig’s, especially new ones, occurs on a rotating basis, in all the countries around the world; wherever a Buyer might be.

If you want to see exactly how your Gig page appears to a Buyer, copy the URL for your Gig page, log out, and then paste the URL into your browser’s address bar and hit Enter.

You may want to reply to Customer Support with a polite note that their answer to you was incorrect, and include your Gig’s URL in your message.

Cheers - James
Jameskanata

Here is your answer - Search for any gig (as long as it pulls something up in the search , that’s fine) …
Then click the Filter BY: menu at the top right. Filter your search results by “New Gigs” or “New Arrivals” you’ll find it when you search again as long as you set the filter.

The filter option only seems to show up once you’ve used the search and found at least one gig. So search for anything , change your filter to sort by new gigs , and search yours again.

The tricky part?
Convincing someone who doesnt know this to sort their filter to find your new gig.
Good luck … =/

This is why you hire your grandma to make your first sale so it shoves it in the search engine! or something similar

Thank you for your help. I did try what you suggested but it is still not showing even when I use the filter. What should I do at this point especially when customer service tells me “The service you have offered on Fiverr is not in our editorial focus and guidelines. Due to this, your Gig will not appear in our search results” and that is absolutely not the case. Thank you for your help.

This is your problem, I searched “proofread 1500 words” and got the following:

New Seller: 1325
Level 1: 330
Level 2: 551
Top Rated Seller: 22

If I search proofread, it’s even worse:
New Seller: 3042
Level 1: 777
Level 2: 1180
Top Rated Seller: 38

What you could do is create other gigs, there’s too much competition with proofreading.

What else can you do?

OK, I just searched you and you’re right, you don’t show up. HOWEVER. You joined this month. Maybe the search algo hasn’t updated. Also, you need to revisit your profile. A top CA university?

Just wait a bit and make your own amazingness less vague. If your college isn’t UCB or whatever, don’t bring it up. Point is, you’re not paying Fiverr to market you. You’ve just joined. Things take time.

You can care all you like, but it’s on you to go out and get the buyers. You have it easy here compared to other sites here. Soon you can pay for visibility. Or is that greedy?

The post directly above me has been edited to save face.

Uh-oh! Someone thinks English from Engerland isn’t English!

Don’t be a teed. That’s also UK English, but more specialized, top UoC rando guy. Rando is AUS, btw. Sorry for hitting you with words that don’t come with khakis, boater shoes and popped collars. Yo.

favicon.pngmerriam-webster.com mw-logo-245x245@1x.png

Definition of WHINGE

to complain fretfully : whine… See the full definition

It looks like you edited. Don’t worry–I have the original. Now, I was thinking maybe I did to many responses, and your edit may be relying on that.

Well… unlike you, I stand by my statements and I never edit them to make me look better. Proofreader? Revisionism is always ugly, especially when it’s over trivial, You whinger!

Archived