Help with requesting a gig!

I attempted to request a gig earlier today and it was declined with the following explanation:

It was misleading/unclear
It contains contact information (i.e. Skype, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
It contains payment information
It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request

Now, I don’t think it was unclear. I’ve written copy professionally and I’m quite good at explaining myself. So I don’t think it was that. It did not contain any contact information. It did not contain a request for services not allowed (as I’ve searched those services and there are people selling those services on Fiverr). And I did not submit my request to multiple categories.

Firstly, I’m extremely frustrated with this kind of response. It’s generic. Someone clearly reviewed the request and had a reason to reject it. So why that system can’t result in a specific reason and that be clearly communicated I don’t know.

Secondly, also frustrating is the no-reply to this email and no quick and easy contact method to resolve the problem.

This resulted in me deleting the request.

I attempted to repost and make the request clearer. I’ll wait and see what happens. But I’d really appreciate it if a Customer Service representative got back to me with something specific - at least opened dialogue, so I could understand, edit, correct and move forward.

Also the line in the generic email which read:

“Repeating these violations can result in your account being restricted.”#

Is rather inflammatory. I’m here for the first time attempting to Request a Gig and already being treated like a potential criminal. This is not a pleasant way to be introduced to the service.

Come on Fiverr - your service is a nice idea - but so far my experience has been plagued by poor customer service. Do I have to hit up TrustPilot with a negative review? (Not nice being threatened is it!).

:wink:

I think we can forget about this, my re-written Request seemed to have been approved as I have had several offers already. Must have been the wording. Weird. Something to look out for!

Do I have to hit up TrustPilot with a negative review? (Not nice being threatened is it!).

lol red flag central. That line reminded me of the South Park episode about Yelp reviewers.

Maybe it was a computer that flagged your first request because it had pre-coded words and phrases to watch out for them. That is highly possible. No one human being could read all the gigs. They must have some computer program reading them. Do you see that is possible?