Helping buyer after order has been accepted

shadow513

Hi guys. This is my first order that I have received so apologies if this is a simple question. I have had a buyer that requested a youtube banner, they have revisions, and all so they used them. Then once it was done they accepted the order. However they asked me to make sure the banner was a certain resolution, I did this even though I had googled the dimensions and they were different to the ones the buyer sent me. Anyway, I went through with the order and now they are having trouble with the banner fitting the page on youtube. I am wondering if I still need to help or what I can/need to do? Any answers would be great.

You have no obligation to continue helping especially since at this point you’d be doing work for free. On the other hand if you think there’s more work to be done together this could potentially sour any future relationship, but personally I wouldn’t make the adjustments especially since, as you mentioned, they insisted that the banner be in the dimensions they provided.

Ultimately, I’d say just take into consideration whether it’s a quick fix or not, if you need to spend an hour working on it just to fix their mistake then it probably isn’t worth doing so, on the other hand if it’s just a few clicks to make the change then, ehhh, why not?

Good luck!

You have no obligation to continue helping especially since at this point you’d be doing work for free. On the other hand if you think there’s more work to be done together this could potentially sour any future relationship, but personally I wouldn’t make the adjustments especially since, as you mentioned, they insisted that the banner be in the dimensions they provided.

Ultimately, I’d say just take into consideration whether it’s a quick fix or not, if you need to spend an hour working on it just to fix their mistake then it probably isn’t worth doing so, on the other hand if it’s just a few clicks to make the change then, ehhh, why not?

Good luck!

but personally I wouldn’t make the adjustments especially since, as you mentioned, they insisted that the banner be in the dimensions they provided.

This is his first order. Doing some extra work so he can get a precious, much-needed 5-star review for a newcomer is a really good idea. Either that, or he can use your method and live with any consequences if there are issues.

but personally I wouldn’t make the adjustments especially since, as you mentioned, they insisted that the banner be in the dimensions they provided.

This is his first order. Doing some extra work so he can get a precious, much-needed 5-star review for a newcomer is a really good idea. Either that, or he can use your method and live with any consequences if there are issues.

The buyer also left a 5 star review before all of this happened

The buyer also left a 5 star review before all of this happened

What’s your heart telling you?

“It’s a quick fix and it will take me no more than 5 minutes to do. Plus, I’m really grateful they placed their trust in me as a new seller.”

Or…

“Grrr, this is going to to take at least half an hour to fix. They need to pay for my time. This order has been hell from the start.”

I suspect your reaction will be similar to the first example. If it’s a quick fix, don’t even question it - just do it. If of on the other hand it will take you 30 minutes, then let the buyer know this and send them a custom offer.

What’s your heart telling you?

“It’s a quick fix and it will take me no more than 5 minutes to do. Plus, I’m really grateful they placed their trust in me as a new seller.”

Or…

“Grrr, this is going to to take at least half an hour to fix. They need to pay for my time. This order has been hell from the start.”

I suspect your reaction will be similar to the first example. If it’s a quick fix, don’t even question it - just do it. If of on the other hand it will take you 30 minutes, then let the buyer know this and send them a custom offer.

My heart is saying that I should help the person out in the hope that they might buy again and I don’t know how long it will take to fix. Also I hope they will recommend my services to other buyers and they might leave a tip if I am lucky. Plus I will feel bad if I leave the guy stranded after spending £5 on the banner and not having a clue what to do or how to fix it. Thanks for everyone’s help to help me make a decision

My heart is saying that I should help the person out in the hope that they might buy again and I don’t know how long it will take to fix. Also I hope they will recommend my services to other buyers and they might leave a tip if I am lucky. Plus I will feel bad if I leave the guy stranded after spending £5 on the banner and not having a clue what to do or how to fix it. Thanks for everyone’s help to help me make a decision

I’ll say help them. But try not to feel guilty about what happens after a buyer accepts your delievery.

Honestly, if you think the request is reasonable I would do it. One of my returning buyer asked me to do a minor adjustment to the first order I did for him while I was working on the second one. I agreed because it was not something huge and only took me five minutes. As long as you don’t feel like the Buyer is being abusive and it doesn’t become a nasty habit I would not see any problem with that. But it’s up to you to decide.

Archived