Here to take over Fiverr as an Illustrator

xero_talent

Hey everyone, I’m ‘xero_talent’ aka Husani, I am a high school senior from Jamaica and I’m super new to Fiverr (created my account and gig yesterday afternoon) and I do surrealistic and realistic high quality illustrations / digital paintings and I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything right on my profile so now I’m just waiting for orders and trying to advertise. I created this gig because I intend to attend college in the US in spring 2019 and I really need money for tuition so I’ve come here to offer my artistic abilities for some dough 💸. So I don’t really have a choice but to make it and the grind starts now.

The letter “x” when used in words like “xero” is read as “zero”. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you choose this as part of your account name?

I am concerned that by calling yourself “zero talent” that you might be driving customers away. Do you really think customers are going to want to hire someone who refers to themselves as “zero talent”. :thinking:

Hey everyone, I’m ‘xero_talent’ aka Husani, I am a high school senior from Jamaica and I’m super new to Fiverr (created my account and gig yesterday afternoon) and I do surrealistic and realistic high quality illustrations / digital paintings and I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything right on my profile so now I’m just waiting for orders and trying to advertise. I created this gig because I intend to attend college in the US in spring 2019 and I really need money for tuition so I’ve come here to offer my artistic abilities for some dough 💸. So I don’t really have a choice but to make it and the grind starts now.

waiting for orders

Don’t wait!

Welcome to the forum.

Check out: Before you ask about HOW TO GET ORDERS or No Orders: READ THIS (MORE ORDERS, Tips, Buyers, First Order, Impressions, Sales)

Also check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders.

You will find lots of great tips to help you in the above. Enjoy! 🙂

The letter “x” when used in words like “xero” is read as “zero”. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you choose this as part of your account name?

I am concerned that by calling yourself “zero talent” that you might be driving customers away. Do you really think customers are going to want to hire someone who refers to themselves as “zero talent”. :thinking:

You have a point. I made it that way because it’s my artstation name. Its supposed to be a funny little paradox but I’m guessing it would be best if I change it? :thinking:

waiting for orders

Don’t wait!

Welcome to the forum.

Check out: Before you ask about HOW TO GET ORDERS or No Orders: READ THIS (MORE ORDERS, Tips, Buyers, First Order, Impressions, Sales)

Also check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders.

You will find lots of great tips to help you in the above. Enjoy! 🙂

Thanks a lot, I’ll check those out now. :hugs:

You have a point. I made it that way because it’s my artstation name. Its supposed to be a funny little paradox but I’m guessing it would be best if I change it? :thinking:

It didn’t do Xerox any harm. 🙂

I like it - it’s from the Greek for dry.

For the record, “Xerox” is “Xerox”, a custom name. “Xero Talent” has a much different, far more readily observed meaning.

Not everyone speaks Greek.

If you’re building a brand, your brand needs to resonate with your market. A name like, “zero talent”, or “dry talent” (as you noted it to mean in Greek) may not be the best names to build a brand around.

Just because something sounds cool to you (meaning, a person using a name), doesn’t mean it’s ideal for building trust and growth on a business level.

Just some things to think about… from a brand professional. 😉

For the record, “Xerox” is “Xerox”, a custom name. “Xero Talent” has a much different, far more readily observed meaning.

Not everyone speaks Greek.

If you’re building a brand, your brand needs to resonate with your market. A name like, “zero talent”, or “dry talent” (as you noted it to mean in Greek) may not be the best names to build a brand around.

Just because something sounds cool to you (meaning, a person using a name), doesn’t mean it’s ideal for building trust and growth on a business level.

Just some things to think about… from a brand professional. 😉

Well, in Euskera (Basque), my name means “love”, “affection”, “fondness”, “endearment”, “tenderness”, “kindliness”, “passion”, “friendliness” and many more…

I like it and I don’t think many buyers would talk Euskera or even mind what my name means…

Archived