Here's Why You Don't Get Orders (Feel Free To Add)

tenthtiermedia

• Bad grammar in gig description and bio
  • Unprofessional presentation of your gig and bio
  • Lying
  • Bad attitude when things don’t go as expected
  • No gig video(s) as a presentation of your work (trust me, it helps when done correctly)
  • Typing in all caps
  • High response time
  • Not taking ANY advice someone gives you seriously
  • Not treating your services as a business
  • High expectations
  • Expecting orders just to come to you
  • Avatar pic that isn’t yours, you at all, or a professional logo (stop using stock images from google. it’s too easy to find)
  • Thumbnails in your gig that aren’t yours
  • Begging for orders in the forum (does absolutely nothing)
  • Getting easily frustrated when you don’t get orders your first couple of days
  • Being in a coagulated field of others who offer the exact same services
  • Not being different, or offering something unique
  • Eating too much Mcdonalds
  • Not understanding the way of the emmaki 🙂

Done for now. Let’s see how this goes.

That’s the sad part. I’ve seen gigs where the descriptions were perfectly fine, the person was using their own photo/logo, but their work was…just not good.
There is no nice way of saying “Sorry, but your work s*cks,” and it’s even worse when the seller has no idea that their work is not as good as the other popular sellers…

It sure does take all of those things, but if it was only that, there would be a lot more successful people in the world.

If anyone can ‘eke out an order or two every week’, then why isn’t everyone a Level 1 or better?

And yes, I know you work hard to get orders. I’m just pointing out that it’s just like the job market elsewhere. Some people get work, others don’t.

-not communicating
-begging for orders anywhere
-not communicating with your customer to understand their requirements
-coming across as a know-all
-not making your customer feel as if they’re order is the most important thing to you today
-being too cheap (people think you don’t understand their problem or don’t know what you’re doing)
-being too expensive (over and above the market rate for your quality product that makes you stand out over all the others)
-having too many gigs
-having gig descriptions that are unclear, too brief, too lengthy
-having a too long delivery date

Did you notice this one?

“Avatar pic that isn’t yours, you at all, or a professional logo (stop using stock images from google. it’s too easy to find)”

Do you see a problem? I will not contact you about your quality. Fix your gigs, profile, avatar. Don’t ask forum readers to contact you. Explain why you are using a fake profile photo.

Archived