Fiverr Forum

Hey everyone, Illustrator and Graphic Designer here

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself here. Just coming out of university with a Graphic Arts degree and looking for some freelance work to get started. Currently have a gig setup for painting realistic portraits. Would like any advice on advertising yourself as currently have no views and have no idea how to get started haha

Welcome to Fiverr!
I’m new to selling gigs here too and hopefully I’ll have some tips to give from experience… but for now, I’d suggest that you check out posts here in the Forum and also the Academy if you haven’t done that yet. Wishing you the best!

Dear Will:

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: I suggest another photo in which you look at the camera and have a more pronounced smile. One of your portraits could also work here, as it quickly shows your talent as an illustrator.
Your log line: This is a slogan that goes under your user name. “Freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer Living in England” could work.
Your profile text – note the edits:

I’m a freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer living in England. My main specialties include painting and sculpting portraits, as well as logo and branding design. I can create greyscale portraits of you. -Will

All your gigs should have video, 2 pdfs, and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video!

You should consider packages, and definitely move to make the .psd files gig extras. You need to beef up your gig description. Consider hiring a copy writer to make it more compelling. You can add more samples to your pdfs.

A great way to publicize your stuff would be Tweeting your images at Walking Dead Stars or Chris Hardwick (add a link to your Fiverr profile to your Twitter profile). If they re-Tweet, the publicity could set you up. Given that you’re a Walking Dead fan, you could offer “Walker” or fantasy versions of these portraits. I assume you know who Alex Ross is… Imagine tweeting Taylor Swift in costume as Deadpool at her and how nuts her fans would go if she re-Tweeted your work. It’s on you to make sure you don’t violate the Fiverr Terms of Service or trademarks…

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167778-What-URLs-can-I-use-in-my-profile-or-Gig-description-

Hey, thanks a lot man. Great advice and ideas and I will surely make adjustments

Will

Thanks man, and best of luck to you too

Will

Dear Will:

I’d also suggest that you learn how to set limits on your queue to what you can handle in 2 days.

Once your work on Fiverr becomes known and your queue gets full, you should be able to raise your prices and set longer delivery times.

You may want to set your delivery time to 1 day until you have your first or second rating.

Good luck,
Blaise

I am also a graphic designer nice to meet you.

It’s a pleasure to meet you too Crystal :slight_smile: