Hey friends, I am new here!

aks4hire

Greetings to all, my name is Abhishek and I am an Indian freelancer who has recently stepped into this freelancing world with username aks4hire. I had been doing a regular job in a company (10 to 7 in office as a graphic designer) for a year when I realized that this is not a place where I could be happy for long. So I quit!

Now I want to work for myself, without any restrictions from any “boss” over my head, who used to instruct me what to do and what not to do, when to come and when to leave the office. I was miserable working there as a full-time office employee. Now I am hoping that this decision (of becoming a full-time freelance graphic designer) is something I won’t regret in life.

However, my parents think that I have made a mistake by leaving my secured 10 to 7 office job. They ask me how much I have earned till now and how much I would have got if I’d been working in any office. To which I have no response, but a silent whisper to myself that one day you’re gonna be proud of my decision. But friends, I am human and I get a little nervous too. What do you think, am I gonna make it?

I won’t bore you all with a lengthy introduction. I just hope I will start earning soon.
Wish me luck, friends! 🙂

Welcome to Fiverr, Abhishek! 😄 Sounds like you’ve made a big decision to quit your job - that’s impressive. Best of luck with your freelancing career!

Yes, it was indeed a big decision to make. And it looks like there is somebody who actually read my whole introduction, that’s impressive to me, really! 😄

Thank you so much @elena_canty for your warm wishes!

Hi, I understand where your coming from. I moved to a different city to get a job in my field and after a year I realized how life is to short to be away from the people you love. Now I took the risk to open my own business here in the Philippines. Keep smiling and enjoy your challenges I say!

Thanks a ton, @diamondzieman, your brief story has filled me with motivation. 🙂 Being the only son in the family I too could not opt to go far from them. I want to stay close.

Archived