Fiverr Forum

Hey Level 2 Sellers: Do some of you believe you should be TRS? Are you being ignored by the Editors?

If the top rated sellers would like to weigh in here, that would be great. If you are a TRS, congratulations.

I have to rant here, because I have been fighting with Customer Support now for over 3 months on one single support ticket (but have asked for over a year now) and they seem to be helpless in the face of the editors who are the decision makers on whether a level 2 seller becomes a TRS or not.

I am a level 2 seller and have been for 2 years with 100% positive feedback and 3% cancellation rate. Most of my buyer feedback comments are pretty favorable and I have a lot of repeat buyers. Some of my buyers have purchased over 30 gigs from me.

Some of the top rated sellers who I speak with have a higher cancellation rate than I do.

With that said, I was told by Customer Support that in order to become a top rated seller, you need to adhere to these guidelines:

1. Some of your gigs need to be unique
  2. You need to maintain a certain sales volume every month.

UNIQUE GIGS??? Some TRS do video testimonials and voiceovers. These type of gigs are NOT unique and are two of the most popular gig types on Fiverr.

I have met these guidelines and some of the top rated sellers do not.

I am told this by Customer Support often and a percentage of the top rated sellers do not even make these guidelines, so from my view, the editors are so inconsistent with who they make TRS and who they do not. It is very frustrating.

At this rate, it just seems hopeless, but Customer Support has assured me that the editors are reviewing my account and that has been going on for 3 months now. I work as hard as any TRS on Fiverr and know other level 2 sellers do too, but the editors seem to break their own rules and that is truly frustrating.

I think if level 2 sellers become TRS, then the editors should not break their own rules and make every TRS follow the same guidelines, but some level 2 sellers slip through the cracks. I feel totally ignored by the editors.

I understand. I recently sent an email to the fiver community email - telling them my story and how I’m striving to become a TRS.

I guess all we can do now is wait! I’m currently keeping my sales up, customers happy and helping out on the forums.

Good luck!

Same here. I asked them for reviewing my profile and they said i am not ready.

I have seen few TRS who have 91% Rating and High Cancellations showing on few gigs and still they re TRS. I really do not understand this criteria.

Instead of 3 LEVELS, fiverr should implement more levels which unlocks certain features. So life does not just stop on LEVEL 2 for majority and for some CHOSEN ONE TRS.

I also experience some TRS who are never active in forum, they never help or do not even bother to reply the message.

Also if you place order and they cannot do it, they just cancel it and have some arrogance in their messages. YET Fiverr let them as TRS which is not fair.

Reply to @wingle: Thanks. It is not whether a TRS is active in the forum, but I have seen TRS that have less sales volume than me and yet Customer Support tells me that I need to have a high sales volume???

It really is not fair and the editors need to stick to the rules but they don’t follow the same rules that customer support keeps claiming TRS need to stick too. It is so unbalanced.

Reply to @celinedesigns: It is not just about waiting. It is about why some TRS have very low sales volume and lower than other level 2 sellers. One TRS has only 135 sales in 3 gigs. I have 1,000 sales yet Customer Support tells me that I my sales volume is not good enough.

Come on, editors, please be consistent and make everyone follow the same rules.

After being denied twice for TRS status, I’ve just come to realize that despite my practically impeccable feedback on Fiverr that it’s just not meant to be. I’ve even had several clients tell me that they just don’t understand why I have not been made a TRS yet.

I really don’t have the time to stroll through the forum and answer every question out there. I wish I did if that is one of the basis to get TRS. I just don’t… so I’ve just resounded myself to being stuck at Level 2 (ever since levels were implemented). Sales have not been hurt tremendously by it.

If that’s what the powers to be want for me, then so be it! I’m done trying to strive for it.

Reply to @emeraldawnn: TRS are not required to be active in the forum. Back when the forum displayed “top posters”, I was the second top poster in the forum for 2 weeks and the third top poster for 4 months.

Also, not all TRS have never entered the forum.

The forum is a nice place, but has nothing to do with whether you are a TRS or not.

Bruce

HotWebs, just as it’s hard to lose (but not impossible) your level 2 tag after earning it… It’s hard to lose ones TRS tag after having been bestowed it.

There’s no question that the tables have turned. That the decision to make one a TRS 2 years ago was easier because it allowed “so much less”.

Now being a TRS would allow someone to sell a nearly $8,000 item on Fiverr. So this is a very delicate decision.

Regarding some of your points, and I don’t want to get into the anecdote game, because I’ve addressed that by the “bestowing” vs “removing” asymmetry.

Having said that, you cannot know a TRSs sales volume because that could refer to gross dollars and not frequency of sale. Since a TRS has bigger gig extras and the ability to sell higher numbers of gig multiples there’s just no way to be sure they sell less even if he/she sold 1 gig a month, it could now be fore $8,000.

Next, many of the Top Rated Sellers participate in an active way on social networking with the principles, reviewers, and staff of Fiverr.com corporate. That personal relationship helps.

I had the same experience as you. The tipping point for me was making a detailed (all-be-it fairly short) video showing the systems I developed for my business that would allow me to scale, my follow up systems, and my history on Fiverr. This 8-minute video seems to have been the reason I want from in review to bestowed the prize.

However, even that happened before TRS had 4 gig extras, etc.

Finally, on the issue of cancellation rate. Not only is that a NEW CRITERIA (and this not relevant to past TRSs) but of course TRSs will have a higher cancellation rate. You too will after you become one because as a TRS you get more exposure and social proof leading to more casual orders.

Great exposure leads to more orders in total…but a higher percentage of casual orders, people who don’t read the gig, and as a TRS one is often less willing to just “do whatever they ask” (though there are exceptions like MadMoo who seems willing to work it out with any person).

On more thing HotWebs, try to get a gig that gets featured first.

Really take to heart the “original gig” idea.

Again, of course some TRSs can have the “same old gig” …but that’s because they were some of the pioneers. They’re the ones that are being copied, not the other way around.

Work on original. Get a couple hundred sales of it. Then request featured status. That will help you.

Reply to @anarchofighter: In all honesty, anarchofighter, I do not think you understand the frustration since you are already a TRS. You don’t have to worry about it. And saying that TRS can make $8,000 just makes the frustration worse since that is good money that any seller would love to make. Since level 2 sellers cannot make $8,000 on one sale right now doesn’t help and it is really a slap in the face. It just makes the fact that editors are so inconsistent worse as well.

Reply to @kjblynx: Now that’s the best thing you ever said here on this forum. And if people become top rated sellers, they should be picked consistently and not where the editors are constantly playing favorites just because someone has pink hair.

Super sellers should have a certain number of sales and accurately unique gigs and not video testimonials and voiceovers like I see some TRS.

The editors make no sense in who they pick for TRS since a lot of TRS do not have unique gigs or high sales volume.

One TRS told me privately that she thinks the editors are playing favorites. Very frustrating.

Reply to @anarchofighter: I guess i am on the right path then. :slight_smile:

Recently my GIG is being Featured. It was featured on 150 Reviews and yes i do provide CUSTOM DESIGN on them which is unique among many other sellers who provide same gig.

But i have not earned $8000 Yet. So it seems there is some time for me for being TRS!

Reply to @hotwebideas:

No I do understand your frustration or did you totally overlook the part of where I encountered many of your same blockades?

Also, of course the $8K is a big deal…but it’s also why Fiverr must conduct RISK MANAGEMENT. They already have a large number of issues with non-delivery, people doing charge backs, etc. They need to ensure that risk is very carefully expanded by very carefully picking who can get it.

And, again, the editors are NOT inconsistent, rather they’re working in a timeline that changes. Of course it SHOULD be harder now to become a TRS for the following reasons.

• There are already a good number of TRS and LEVEL 2 Sellers and people selling many of the same gigs. As there are MORE people like this, there are fewer spots to promote someone to TRS.

• The exposure Fiverr takes by having a TRS with all the gig extras and $100 level of extra, and gig multiples is something new that makes the decision a higher risk and thus must lower the number of people awarded the option.

• All levels have MORE privileges than they did before. As such, just being level 2 now is worth more than it was worth to be a TRS when I first became one. So in essence Level 2 sellers are TRSed… But in TRSing them, TRSs improved also.

In you other post you talk about “someone” telling you “something”. You would do well not to listen to gossip, but even more, you would do well to understand it’s totally rational to "play favorites"

Why?

Because as I said earlier, it’s about relationship real people built with real members of Fiverr corporate. That someone at Fiverr knows, likes and trust someone is a perfectly valid reason for them to be PROMOTED.

You also seem to have ignored my point about “losing a title” …that some TRSs have testimonial gigs …is irrelevant. They may have added them after becoming a TRS. They may have had an original idea when they first made it…the reason the “rule” against it may have come about is because people tend to copy TRSs.

Just as you don’t lose your Level 2 just because you don’t sell another 50 gigs in 2 months, doesn’t mean the “criteria” wasn’t objective or universally applied. It just means that it’s sensibly harder to earn something than to lose it.

Why would you want to take away TRS status from someone who earned it before the competition was so harsh?

And @kjblynx has done a GREAT deal for this forum, I find it presumptuous of you to judge her body of contribution. And while I have no real objection with the suggestion…

…if there were rewards to being a SuperSeller… Do you doubt after some time, all the newly raise TRSs would be complaining about how the SuperSellers are picked?

This is not even the thin edge of the wedge, it’s the whole wedge.

…even this line shows how much you’re not really thinking about a dynamic system: Super sellers should have a certain number of sales and accurately unique gigs and not video testimonials and voiceovers like I see some TRS.

…so does that mean if someone copies MY gigs 3 years after I made it, that I should lose my TRS/Superseller status because I no longer have “unique” gigs?

If you want to object to the entire claim, I’m with you. I would argue that EVERY gig is unique if it’s custom …and maybe even if it’s not… since what makes it unique is the relationship with the seller.

So while I’m not saying the system is “ideal”…I do hear you as sounding like just so much sour grapes.

Reply to @wingle: I have every confidence you’ll make it, mate.

Reply to @anarchofighter: Very helpful explanation.

And thanks for the motivation. :slight_smile:

Seriously without meaning to be rude, I do think the TRS is a farce. I have never bothered myself with it because there are no consistent rules to be one, it is plain favoritism, who they like is who they chose. Why must we all offer ‘meaningless’ gigs in the name of it being unique. So if I start something real popular and make good sales and happy customers out of it, I do not deserve to be applauded.

I would rather prefer a higher level, based on positive ratings, cancellation ratio, amounts earned and how long the seller has been on Fiverr. That would be fair on all, and of course they can make who ever they deem fit super sellers.

I do feel it is unfair that having being on Fiverr for over a year, made more than 10K with a 99% positive rating should be level2 same as another seller who joined 1/2 month ago and makes 200dolls.

datwriterguy said: I would rather prefer a higher level, based on positive ratings, cancellation ratio, amounts earned and how long the seller has been on Fiverr. That would be fair on all, and of course they can make who ever they deem fit super sellers.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. The editors ARE playing favorites and should be promoting everyone to TRS who meet these criteria and not just because they feel like promoting a certain individual to TRS for the heck of it, which is exactly what seems like is happening.

Reply to @datwriterguy: You say: I do feel it is unfair that having being on Fiverr for over a year, made more than 10K with a 99% positive rating should be level2 same as another seller who joined 1/2 month ago and makes 200dolls.

– Fair? I’m going to say a similar thing to HotWebIdeas as well… The fact of the matter is, fiverr is just extremely generous with level 1 and level 2 levels.

I’m reminded of a Biblical Parable that talks about a fellow who hires folk for a fair day’s wage. A few hours latter he hire more workers. And a few hours later…more. Finally, in the last hour of the day he hires more.

At the end of the day, he pays the folks who worked for the 1 hour and paid them the “day’s wage”. The folk who worked 8 hours were licking their lips and rubbing their hands thinking they hit the jack pot.

Yet, one by one, the workers were paid the same wage.

The folk who got started right away and were paid the same grumbled… But the fellow who hired them rightfully asked, "Haven’t I given you exactly as agreed? What concern of it is yours how I spend the rest of my money?"

The very REASON you can have earnings of FIVERR-FIgures is because you got the benefits of being Level 1 and Level 2 quickly. It gave buyers confidence and it gave you gig extras.

How does it harm you that others get to be level 2 on their $200+ earning point?

Reply to @hotwebideas: You say: Yes, that makes perfect sense. The editors ARE playing favorites and should be promoting everyone to TRS who has these criteria and just because they feel like promoting a certain individual to TRS for the heck of it, which is exactly what seems like is happening.

This is patently wrong. People started on fiverr and there was NO LEVELS at all. That there are levels at all is a privilege. That you can reach the first two levels in a totally objective way (plus or minus some wiggle room like cancellation rate/raiting/ and/or other TOS issues) is fantastic.

But this hobgoblin like consistency you want for all levels is not in any way a requirement. While the criteria may not make sense, most don’t in most places. Why does a job say needs 3.5 years of experience. Where did that number come from… What do they know that makes them think if someone had 3 years experience, they’d be woefully unable to perform for the next 6 months until they get up to speed…

…probably, 3.5 years is the amount of experience the last person who got the position had…

Most criteria is flawed. And by all means, try to change the criteria. Just know that it’s fully within Fiverr’s rights to pick them by throwing darts (totally random) or to pick only the sellers that they can find on their “family tree” (total nepotism and favoritism).

That someone has a title doesn’t entitle anyone else to it. It’s not fiverr’s job to be all things to all people…

Reply to @anarchofighter: You write long threads, but have good insight. :slight_smile: