Fiverr Forum

Hey! Wait! I Got A Real Complaint

I have begun to wonder why people who have a huge gripe with fiverr don’t just pack up their cyber bags and strike out on their own? I mean, if I were ‘working’ for someone who was pissing me off nine ways to Sunday, I would have been gone before I got to the point of calling the boss a low-down, dirty rotten scoundrel, etcetera, on the office PA system. Just wondering… Any thoughts?

My thought is that this is a platform to sell. Sellers here offer goods and they are being paid by buyers. Fiverr acts as a middle man, in charge of marketing and keeping up the site. In return, the sellers agree to pay Fiverr a percentage for this service. If the sellers are unhappy with certain aspects of Fiverr’s performance, I definitely think it’s within their rights to complain. It’s possible it could bring about constructive change. If they get to the point where the bad outweighs the good, they should probably branch out to other selling platforms that are better at fulfilling their needs.

Reply to @bigbadbilly: Forever indebt to your priceless advice. ಥ‿ಥ

Whoever keeps spamming the Tips For Sellers section with ads for ‘Ms. Cleo’ makes me want to pull a Houdini. Why does fiverr permit such indiscriminate messaging? Surely their servers are ‘all’ on fire. This is why I am limited to displaying 20 gigs and can’t showcase my Gumby and Pokey collection.

Reply to @typingservice:

typingservice said: My thought is that this is a platform to sell. Sellers here offer goods and they are being paid by buyers. Fiverr acts as a middle man, in charge of marketing and keeping up the site.

Ah. Yes. This reminds me of a cyber flea market...

typingservice said: Fiverr acts as a middle man, in charge of marketing and keeping up the site.

It sure seems like we punch a clock when there are repercussions (such as unexpected orders and the consequences of doing nothing about them) when we decree that we are on vacation. Are we contracting a middleman arrangement with fiverr or is it more involved than that? ლ(ٱ٥ٱლ)

Some people on this forum have stated that they "have to" run their gigs or STARVE. Really? What is so great about fiverr (versus so bad) that makes these people stay here rather than run their own website? What is it REALLY? Suffering from a Big Daddy In The Sky complex, are we?

First off. I think a lot of the complaints you read are just trolling. Some people may have broken a rule, lost their account and open new accounts just to “Stir the pot”.

Some complaints I read are actually impossible. Again, maybe competing sites simply trying to cause problems. Especially with things like: I Paid the seller through Pay-Pal and they didn’t deliver and refunded only half the money into my Pay-Pal account. Well. First, as we know, you can’t pay a seller directly. And second… the seller has no access to pay back half. That’s an example but you see stuff like that all the time.

Why do people stick around when they complain so much? Traffic. As much as someone complains, there really is nothing out there that even comes close to the traffic Fiverr gets. Not even REMOTELY CLOSE So, people stick around because they know if they post on a competing site, or their own… they’ll get like .0000000001% of the daily traffic that Fiverr gets.

(Love the Nirvana reference.)

bigbadbilly said: Traffic. As much as someone complains, there really is nothing out there that even comes close to the traffic Fiverr gets. Not even REMOTELY CLOSE So, people stick around because they know if they post on a competing site, or their own... they'll get like .0000000001% of the daily traffic that Fiverr gets.

I always have to say this (it's one of my Fiverr mantras) :) ... It's the perception of traffic. Fiverr.com gets boatloads of traffic, each individual profile, not so much, each gig, well, even less. (And no, I surely don't trust the analytics - even if they were 100% on the up-and-up, I don't trust any of the site coding.)

It's well within most users abilities to drive the same amount of traffic to their own sites/pages if they had them. I'd say it's more about convenience (laziness, ignorance?). Many users have zero experience working freelance or operating any type of ecommerce; it can be daunting and time-consuming. Fiverr takes care of a bunch of the more annoying bits of working online, and there's the bonus that when things get messed up, there's some'one' to blame. :)

@itsyourthing - I tend to disagree. I run a few sites, one of them is around 5 years old and is rated rather high with 1000s of unique visitors each and every day. My point is that it doesn’t even come close… or in the ballpark of Fiverr’s traffic. And like I said. I’m not an internet infant. I’ve been here since the late 90s. Fiverr does get the traffic. And yes. You are right. Maybe not to each gig, but my Fiverr stats for impressions is pretty high. And the Fiverr stats are pretty close to the tracking tools I use for my gigs myself.

If you happen to make it onto the front page/per category your stats go up like 10 times. At least, my gig did.

These forums… Well, compared to the Fiverr site the forum is a ghost town.

But… Like I said. Traffic? They have traffic. In my opinion. Even simply take a look at the Alexa rank… which is never right. But, do you know how much hits you need to make it to Number 35? As someone who sounds like they run a few pages themselves @itsyourthing, you probably have a pretty darn good idea how hard that is for most people. Err… pretty much 99% of people.

bigbadbilly said: Even simply take a look at the Alexa rank

I prefer Majestic SEO.. You've made some good points bigbadbilly.. Traffic keeps them coming back--that Ike and Tina relationship we always scratch our heads about. But, I am one for diversification; having my cakeS and eating them too. That is the only way, in my humble opinion, for small fry aspiring to be big deals to make money on the Internet. That and keeping up with all of the SEO and marketing tools available to us.

Now for a brown nose moment..

On a more sober note, I must admit that, in spite of its many flaws, (and what major ecommerce platform doesn't have them??) I like fiverr because it gives all types of whack jobs a chance to make some bread.

Thanks fiverr! :P

Now, where's my Sheriff's badge?

@pearlsant - I agree. What’s that old saying? Don’t put all your eggs in one basket?

I have my personal online site, and a few other random things here and there. lol.

But, for gig sales, Fiverr easily tops them all in sales and traffic… Most of the time. lol

I think it is an exception when people Don’t complain. People complain about work, their spouse, their kids, their school, their family, their life, their Government, … I have lived in the USA for 10 years now and would say that Complaining is an American Pastime.

I think most people (you may be the exception) do complain on the job but still hang on. Not everyone has the luxury of packing up and leaving. But venting helps, especially if the chorus line is all in step – one, two, three, KICK. How does that go "misery loves company"

If million dollar sports figures can complain about their working conditions and still stick around, surely Fiverrettes have the same 5 Dollar Bill of Rights.

I notice your gigs are rather new. Once sales start to kick in, things go wrong, and Customer Service Justice League won’t rescue you no matter how much you were wronged, “who do you call? Ghost Busters” Just kidding "We go to to the Forum and Vent"

and then we go back to selling.

Reply to @steveeyes:

You have made some good points, stevie. However, I have already experienced the lack of support situation MANY times…

When the weather permits, I will vend at flea markets, county fairs and festivals. I have had people snatch stuff off of my displays and run. I have had situations where no decent restroom was available, in spite of the fair ground owner assuring vendors that there would be plenty around–kept in sanitary condition by staff (and I have had to pack up and leave because of this because I vended solo). And, I have had fair ground owners charging way too much to rent a space…but I always make my money back–and then some.

And what do I do when folks straight up steal from me? What do I do when the people running the ‘to do’ don’t care if I crap my pants or if I won’t make my money back vending after they have overcharged me? I suck it up and keep doing what I do. I try to make better choices for myself like choosing better vending sites(because I am not going to keep frequenting an event that mistreats me) and by doing a walk through of a venue before signing up for a booth. I try to protect my merchandise from the thieves among us with security displays and I try my best to provide the items and service that will allow me to run a profitable venture.

I don’t have time to get on the bullhorn and blame Vendie McVendstor, the fair ground owner, for my getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop. I could care less. They could care less. The experience is all about me. I signed up to do it. No one held a gun to my head.

Sure. Complain if it will net you something. Otherwise? Take it as just business as usual and, as you say,

steveeyes said: and then we go back to selling.