Hi all I'm new on fiverr

topdesigncombo

Dear TopDesignCombo:

I took a look at your first gig. Here is the help you requested:

• Your log line:

Works for me.

• Your profile text:

The freelance artist you are looking for is right here! I focus on giving you the best of computer graphics at a low cost. I love to combine classical and modern aspects to create a design that pays homage to your tastes and ideas.
Find out more at – I don’t know if the web page you gave is allowed by Fiverr Terms of Service – I suggest you do more research.
Get in touch with me now!

In your description you mixed singular and plural. I made it all singular. Here’s the all plural version:

The freelance artists you are looking for are right here! We focus on giving you the best of computer graphics at a low cost. We love to combine classical and modern aspects to create a design that pays homage to your tastes and ideas.
Find out more at –
Get in touch with us now!

I don’t care whether you choose singular or plural, so long as you pick one…

• Gig Title: I will create this Futuristic HUD intro

I’m GUESSING that HUD = heads up display. But why should your buyer? Though it might not be feasible in the title, it’s a good rule of thumb to always explain your acronyms the first time you use them.

• Gig Description:

100% money back guarantee (you should be able to use % in your description; if not, spell it out)

If you need a fantastic video intro and are wondering where to go for the best service, then don’t look any further, as I am your answer. (Again: pick singular or plural and stick with it – I understand that Fiverr forces you to use I in the Gig Title.)

As a professional, you need to be able to promote yourself, your business, product, or website to its maximum effect, and by allowing me to create your video intro you will be doing just that.

Please see the package options I have to see what I can offer, and even then if there is something not listed there that you may require, contact me to discuss, as there are many things my talents stretch to that aren’t listed.

My work is modern, professional, and unique, and I guarantee to leave you in awe at my high standards.

For more information, please contact me.

I can’t wait to work with you to create your vision.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

• Video: In general, the video looks great. Fiverr claims that the video should be 30 to 60 seconds, but they let yours through at 11 seconds. Obviously, this video is your best selling tool. You should make it clear whether you are including the audio with the video and whether the music is royalty free.

Gig Pictures: You only have 1. I suggest you use all 3.

• Fiverr Academy

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you.

At the bottom, “I’ll do this intro with your logo and background music.” This is ambiguous – you need to make it clear whether the music YOU FEATURED IN YOUR VIDEO is included. Any contract that is unclear is generally interpreted in favor of the buyer, so as is, it seems to be that you are offering the buyer background music with the gig. If that’s not the case, you should clear that up (in my humble opinion)

Good luck,
Blaise

Dear TopDesignCombo:

I took a look at your revisions. Here is the help you requested:

• Your log line:
    Still looks fine to me.

*Your profile image:

I may have skipped this in my previous post. I suggest you change your logo for a photo of yourself. A high-quality head shot with you smiling. You want to make a personal connection with your buyers.

• Your profile text:

It looks like you implemented my suggestions. I suggest that you look for ways to finetune it. I don’t have specific suggestions.

There’s an idea called A/B testing. Take note of the results you get with your profile as it is. Make small improvements and see what results you get. If the new way is better, great! If not, go back to the old way. Then, either way, make another small change and repeat.

I apologize for not suggesting that you put your name in there, as well. When your Buyer contacts you, they’re going to want to say, “Dear …”

“Dear TopDesignCombo” is awkward. You want to come across as a person, not a company.

• Gig Title: I will create this powerful Futuristic intro

I believe this is the one I looked at before (formerly HUD). I think you need to continue working on the title. I don’t have specific suggestions.

• Gig Description:

100% “SATIFACTION” – this should be SATISFACTION
ALL AUDIO FILES ARE NOT COPYRIGHTED – I suggest wordsmithing this. I would suggest:
THIS GIG DOES NOT INCLUDE AUDIO
Unfortunately, I don’t know what the best wording is here. Hopefully someone else will give you better suggestions here. Same for where you repeat this phrase later on.

Also, you might want to work out a deal with a Fiverr Seller who does do audio. I’m not sure how or if this sort of collaboration works on Fiverr.

I do videos, too, and I don’t offer audio. It would be a big help to me if I could offer audio with my gigs. I haven’t worried about it too much, because the quality of my gigs still isn’t good enough. If you find a collaborator to offer audio with your gigs, please let me know about it.

For example, Fiverr does the Getty Images thing. I just don’t know the protocol for people who make videos who want to offer audio, but they can’t do it themselves.

Bottom line, people expect audio with the video. I just haven’t solved this issue myself, so I don’t know what to tell you about it.

WHO I AM
I think this needs to be more about who you are. Your goal is to create a personal connection with the Buyer, so they feel they KNOW, LIKE, and TRUST you.

WHAT YOU GET

As a professional, you need to be able to promote yourself, your business, product, or website to its maximum effect, and by allowing me to create your video intro, you will be doing just that.

(I added a comma after video intro.) It could work either way.

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Your video seems fine to me. If you could add video of yourself talking to the buyer, this could help you.

You’re obviously much better at making videos than I am. I’m jealous!

Gig Images: I think individual stills from the video might be more effective, but that’s just my opinion. The images you have chosen may very well be the way to go.

Unfortunately, even though you’ve implemented my suggestions, I think you would be better off hiring a copy writer to make your gig descriptions really pop.

I have experience as a proofreader, but I don’t have training as a copy writer. (If I did, my own gigs would sell better.)

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you. Because your work is so visual, I suggest you post images to Twitter on a daily basis, with links to your Fiverr profile. The more people who see what you can do, the more clicks and views you will get on Fiverr. For example, Twitter has #MondayMotivation to #SundayFunday. If your work becomes known in those categories, people will begin to seek you out on Fiverr.

Good luck,
Blaise

DISCLAIMER for any Sellers who might read this post. Please read before contacting me on Fiverr!:

As a matter of common courtesy, please do not contact me on Fiverr with questions or comments that belong on the Fiverr Forum. If I see your question or comment in the Forum, if I have time, and if I think it is appropriate, I will respond in the Forum.

Sincerely,
Blaise

At this point, I’ve looked at enough gigs to come up with this checklist. I hope it will be useful to anyone who looks at it. It’s a first draft, and I hope to improve it over time.

Improve My Gig Checklist:

Dear Fiverr Seller:

I didn’t take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help:

• Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience.

• Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don’t say, I live in a third world country, every day is a struggle, and things are bad. There are people who travel the world to find the things of beauty that make each country special. Find out what these people are saying about your country. Everything is awesome! Refer to “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. “Never criticize, condemn, or complain,” ESPECIALLY in your SALES COPY!

• Your log line:

Please include one and make it speak about you personally. Avoid cliches and generalities.

*Your profile image:

This should be a real photograph of you. Please use a clear, high-quality headshot showing your smile. Avoid selfies if you can. If you take a shot in a mirror, flip the image horizontally.

• Your profile text:

Again, you should be speaking specifically about yourself, while focusing on how you are here to help the buyer. Try to use YOU more than I. Your goal is to create positive associations in the Buyer’s mind.

• Your gigs: New Sellers can have 7 gigs. You should have 7 gigs! Once you have 7 gigs, once a week you should take a hard look at all your gigs. Revise or replace your weakest gig. Once you are at Level 1, you will have 15 gigs. At Level 2, 20. Be thinking NOW about what those 20 gigs will be. Bear in mind that you can PAUSE gigs at any time. For example, you may have a Valentine’s Day gig that sells great in February, but that you pause for the other months of the year. You might choose to DELETE this gig on Feb 15, and repost the next year.

If having 20 gigs at one time is too much, you can pause any number of them, but it’s good to have them available to run when it’s convenient for you.

If you consistently review and improve your gigs, over time you will have just the right number of top-performing gigs that you need to succeed on Fiverr.

• Gig Title:

Does your gig title stand out? I suggest you look at similar gigs and brainstorm some keywords to make it pop.

• Gig Description:

You have 1200 characters available to you here; I suggest you use them.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

I strongly recommend that you hire a copy writer to write the copy for your first gig. This is an investment that will pay off in more sales more quickly. If you are worried about the expense, remember that your gig description is 1200 characters, or about 240 words. If the copy writer has a gig of 1000 words, you may be able to work out a deal for them to write descriptions for up to 4 gigs.

You can study these gig descriptions and carefully modify them for your other gigs.

Many Sellers recommend that you buy gigs from other Sellers on Fiverr, so that you have a sense of what it is like to be a Buyer. This makes it easier for you to relate to the Buyer’s concerns.

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. If nothing else, put together a slide show of your portfolio images. If you can provide video of yourself talking directly to the buyer, this may help.

Every gig should have a video! People expect it today, and are more likely to watch a video than read your copy. Learn to make great videos that get your point across in an engaging way. I’ve seen reports that suggest that in 10 years, video will be the dominant form of communication on social media.

Gig Pictures: You can have 3 images, and you should have 3. Please avoid stock images. Your images should be personal to you and to the gig you are providing. If your images or video have text, that text should be consistent with the text in your gig description. For example, if your packages are called Basic, Supreme, and Deluxe in the text, but your images show Standard, Super, and Super Duper, you will confuse the Buyer, who is more likely to move on than to try to figure out what you mean.

• Your packages:
    Generally, Sellers offer more as the packages move up in price. I suggest you brainstorm some variety so it seems like the upgrades are more than just numbers. Think very carefully about the packages from the Buyer’s point of view.

For example, if you offer revisions for the base package, but not for the upgrades. the buyer probably will wonder why they’re losing a benefit with the upgrade.

• Fiverr Academy

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you.

Make use of social media: I suggest you post images to Twitter on a daily basis, with links to your Fiverr profile. The more people who see what you can do, the more clicks and views you will get on Fiverr. For example, Twitter has #MondayMotivation to #SundayFunday. If your work becomes known in those categories, people will begin to seek you out on Fiverr.

You can post videos to YouTube, with links to your Fiverr profile.

You can talk about your gigs on your blog, with pointers to your Fiverr profile.

You could post a YouTube video, Tweet about it, post it on your blog embedded in a blog post, and have pointers in all these places pointing to your Fiverr profile.

In my humble opinion (IMHO), it makes more sense to point to your Fiverr profile rather than to your individual gigs, because you may delete individual gigs and pause individual gigs. Rather than constantly updating links to individual gigs, let your Fiverr profile do the heavy lifting for you.

Good luck,
Blaise

Archived