Hi All - New to Fiverr

wanderingbodhi

Hey Hey,

I’ve started using Fiverr to push my digital art skills and realise peoples cool ideas! I’m wondering if some of you can give me some advice on a couple of things?

I’m trying to share my gig (LinkedIn) but Fiverr seems to be having an issue with it. Anyone else experienced this?

Any advice on setting the cost of a gig when starting out to gain attention? Or, is it more about where and how you share your work?

Thanks in advance, and good luck out there!

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

Not sure about the LinkedIn part, but you should check their ToS to make sure it’s permitted.

Both are important.

For pricing, set it according to the value you provide and the estimated hours you would work, and also keep any fees you want to cover in mind.

Where and how you share your gig is part of doing business, as you need to market yourself where your prospective buyers are. Have you read this yet? https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011292478

You only have 3 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied → forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

Not sure about the LinkedIn part, but you should check their ToS to make sure it’s permitted.

Both are important.

For pricing, set it according to the value you provide and the estimated hours you would work, and also keep any fees you want to cover in mind.

Where and how you share your gig is part of doing business, as you need to market yourself where your prospective buyers are. Have you read this yet? https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011292478

You only have 3 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied → forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll take a look into those links you shared.

The only thing is with sharing, is why have the option to share with LinkedIn or Whatsapp (etc.) and it not have the ToS set up correctly between Fiverr and whoever?

Short answer: Policies change.

Longer answer: There are several platforms that were fine with Fiverr links years ago, but people abused and spammed and forced platforms to disallow URLs and domains that were causing issues with their users. Information changes, environments change, updating policies and articles and automated messages to reflect those changes take time and recourses, and sometimes things are missed or aren’t as high a priority.

Archived