Hi, can you review my gig?

solwp

favicon-32x32.png.358674e8685d6f6c6e5f2cefbcdf6e78.png Fiverr.com

build-a-wordpress-website-from-scratch.png.7399a4025d3d6ecf9fde05e46af85197.png

solwp_ : I will build a wordpress website from scratch for $5 on fiverr.com

For only $5, solwp_ will build a wordpress website from scratch. | Portfolio: http://soltanov.me/Hi, I am Mekan Soltanov. I'm a freelance digital marketing expert and full-stack web developer with 7 years of experience in the field.I provide | On...

I joined today, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 6 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Please see: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360016541618-Allowed-Links-for-Gigs

My suggestion is to charge more than $5 for your basic package.

I’ll tell you why.

I’m going to hire you to build me a WP website.

Based on all the things I get from this Gig I would expect it to cost me a few bucks.

But when I realize it’s just $5 do you have any idea what the first thing is that comes to my mind?

I’ll give you a few choices to choose from…

A) What a deal!!!
B) Am I gonna get ripped off for $5?

Sometimes it may sound good to have a bargain basement price but smart Buyers will steer away from $5 Gigs because well, they sound cheap.

Cheap does not always mean quality.

I hope this helps.

I have been using WordPress for 10+ years. I have built many sites with the platform. Not at a commercial level but I have made quite a few sites for other people. I have also worked as Sales Manager for a Web Design House (with their own CMS).

Never have I done any work that I could equate to $5 for building a whole site, even if only 4 pages. Just installing WP and setting up a template exceeds that massively. Normally I would not get involved in the drama that is making someone’s website for less than $300. I know people do it for less but I see the results 😮

Rather than being in the position where you appear to be begging me to consider you, show me the money. I know Fiverr makes it hard to show Portfolio, but if you are skilled in making webpages, you should have a solution or two on hand to show what you can do for me to make me WANT to choose you over the other jokers. Price ain’t it - and nor do you want price buyers as they are a PITA.

Stick with it.

🙂

Archived