Hi from a Newbie

gregsatjps

Hi Folks,

Just joined fiverr after it was recommended to me to help me build a Website I am working on. 10 minutes looking around and I bought my 1st gig, a 3D version of my Logo design from realisticlogo and I am looking forward to receiving it in a few days time. Then I started to understand what fiverr was really all about and I thought what a great concept. Then by the next morning, it struck me that I had something of value to sell here too, and so today I put my 1st gig up, it’s a Sudoku Solver. No nibbles yet but I am hopeful.

Regards Greg

Hi again Folks,

I am learning more and more about fiverr as each day passes. I have still had no nibbles or enquiries on my own gig which is disappointing given that there were many hundreds of hours of work that went into building what I am selling. I keep updating the description to give people a better idea of what they will get, and am still hopeful.

My gig purchase also did not proceed. I have no issues with the Seller. He tried but was unable to meet my requirements and offered me a refund which I tried not to accept, but he insisted, and I reluctantly accepted. I am not happy that I wasted his time. He is a good businessman and I may still buy from him in the future. What I did not realise at the time but do now, is that you can actually communicate with sellers before booking a gig and wasting their time and effort, to see if they can deliver what you require. I will do this in future.

Regards Greg

Reply to @gregsatjps: Welcome to Fiverr! Nice to see there are nice buyers out there. Don’t worry about your gig not selling. Some new sellers take weeks or even months to get started. Maybe try and create other gigs as well. Figure out what you are good at, and it will give you a better idea of what is selling these days and what not 😉

Good luck here and again welcome 🙂

Thanks annai80 (can’t work out how to put your Hyperlink here, how did you do that in your response or will that come up automatically),

There are a number things I am good at and considering fiverr for, but I am testing the waters with this and I do not believe I could deliver better value for money than my 1st gig. I sell it for $10 on my Website and am offering it for $5 here.

Regards Greg

Reply to @annai80: Thanks Anna (I see now the Hyperlink comes up automatically, if you click Reply which I didn’t I just added another comment the 1st time - as I said learning all the time),

There are a number things am considering fiverr for, but I am testing the waters with this and I do not believe I could deliver better value for money than my 1st gig. I sell it for $10 on my Website and am offering it for $5 here.

By the way not related to the Sudoku gig I am offering at present, but for down the track, I was wondering are you allowed to offer a free gig, a sample if you like, so they can get a good idea of what you are offering, or is that against the rules?

Regards Greg

Archived