Hi, I am a new seller, please everybody pray for me in this Fiverr journey & give me some tips

designerkfatema

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 27 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Skewing your images makes you look like a beginner and does not leave a good impression.

I really hate to say it, however, in your gig portfolio you have a picture of ‘Steak’ but it’s written as ‘stake’.

You also have spelling mistakes throughout the gig details; such as De-sign & Ba-nner.

I would make the necessary edits to ensure you look professional.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 27 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Skewing your images makes you look like a beginner and does not leave a good impression.

Thank you so much for your advice & help. I will definitely try to best to improve my self by research and plan accordingly as you mentioned.

I really hate to say it, however, in your gig portfolio you have a picture of ‘Steak’ but it’s written as ‘stake’.

You also have spelling mistakes throughout the gig details; such as De-sign & Ba-nner.

I would make the necessary edits to ensure you look professional.

Thank you, Sir, for your advice. Sorry for my “Steak” mistake. Actually, I don’t know about the spelling mistakes. I will try to recover from my mistake & make the necessary edits to ensure look me professionally as you suggest.

• 2 months later...

1. Fiverr Buyer Requests

This is a smart feature that Fiverr has included. It’s a great help for beginners to get started.

This is where you take advantage. You offer your services for a lesser price than your competition. This is mandatory!

To establish yourself on Fiverr, you will have to offer your services far more cheaper than others. This is the only way. Once you start getting more orders, you can eventually increase your price.

2. Giving Something For Free

People like getting something for free. So, if you provide a service on Fiverr, try over delivering it or offering a Buy 1-get-1.

I can guarantee you that people will start buying from you especially if you provide a “buy one get one free” offer.

3. Provide a Compelling Description

Gig descriptions need to be well structured and should be on point. The buyer should understand what exactly is the thing that you are selling.

Break your paragraphs and do it in bullet points. This can make people read your description.

Also, look out for spelling and grammar mistakes, you don’t want that to happen if you are selling services like content writing and other writing related stuffs.

4. Adding a Video in Your Gig

Video can increase the engagement rate of a Gig. It’s very true because I have seen myself playing some videos when looking for gigs on Fiverr.

Hire a freelancer to do a short video for your gig. You can find these services on Fiverr itself.

If you can do it yourself, then that would be much better!

5. Create Related Gigs not “Same Gigs”

I have seen a lot of Fiverr freelancers doing this. They create many gigs but with different headlines like “create a unique website”, “Create an Awesome website”, “Create a responsive website”. The Fiverr team has itself confirmed that doing this will not increase your ranking and rather can have a negative impact.

So, instead of doing this try providing related services. If you are a web developer, you can offer something like “Create a website”, “Fix errors in Your Website”, “Add additional Functionalities to Your website”.

This will let you gain more exposure because all the three gigs target different keywords and you are more likely to get an order from any one of them.

Archived