Hi i want to be able to ask people for there emails to complete a gig

kbos2hm

Hi

I am setting a gig up and will require a email off the people who buy the gig this is not to be used for communication but for completing the gig without it i cant do the gig

does this brake the rules or terms of service

i could go around and set a email up for them but again it would include a email address

Its not crystal clear the terms of service

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

i will not be using there email for communication but the next paragraph explains

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

And yes i would require it to proceed with my service

@kbos2hm: What is unclear about this statement that you quoted from the Terms of Service?

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses , s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted. "

It is crystal clear that it states that you cannot request or provide email addresses.

You cannot provide a Gig that violates the Terms of Service.

I think you need to contact customer support to tell them what you are doing first and get their permission.

For example, the only thing I can understand why you would need it, is if let’s say you are offering to help do technical work and in order to access their account you need their email and password — is that what you mean? What exactly is your gig you want to do?

kelby don’t worry it ain’t spamming just sounds a little weird

sincere i am installing code on there website and under a platform then i have to follow them details on to the person once it is installed it make life easier for them if they use a email all the time to use that email to set the service up with.

i had the same kind of problem when i was having my first leaflet made he needed my web address and email i wanted it on my leaflet. so i just took the at out and everything was fine he designed my leaflet communicated threw fiver.

I think i have answered my own question first time i have put a gig up.

I had contacted Fiverr about another seller who I saw providing services which required texting the buyer. As far as Fiverr had told me, this is fine if it is mentioned prior to buying that you need their email, and that the transaction occurs on Fiverr.

Please contact them through customer support to prevent the risk of your account being deleted.

Reply to @globalva: Your comment is hard to follow since the statement from the ToS indicates that you cannot requesting or provide " Email addresses , s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform" which does not match what was asked. I know you are an admin and I’m not trying to be annoying, I just wanted to make a point.

@kbos2hm doesn’t want to communicate outside of Fiverr or abuse the system. There are a number of live gigs where email addresses are part of the context for innocuous reasons, like business card design. I’ve also seen forum posts where people show screen shots of Customer Support tickets where sellers have been given permission to utilize contact info for the purpose of completing a service. A recent one I saw offered to teach Spanish over s***e. Having seen posts like that leads me to believe that @kbos2hm had a valid point. If I’m missing something thats fine but the tone of your post sure seemed brisk.

Archived