Fiverr Community Forum

Hi please let me know. Dose it go against TOS?

Hi, i do WordPress development. So i need cpanel access. Sometimes buyer send their mail and password. So does it go against fiverr TOS?

• Some of new buyers send email and password in chat. I request please don’t share anything here. Please send me all informations at order page.

Note: I didn’t ask for any personal information. They provide that. I also don’t like to contact outside fiverr.

2 Likes

I have that as part of the buyer requirements. If you need it, you need it.

3 Likes

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

3 Likes

I know that. But some buyer send them in chat. I directly say to them. Please send me the details at order page. Please it’s Fiverr rules.

I think you can inform about this fiver support team .they give you a got suggestion about this matter

1 Like

also, I think you got a problem from your some of the buyer :grin: :grin: :grin: nothing to worry…just do your work… the first talk with the buyer before getting the order…you can get a clear idea about your buyers…after you can make offer or reject that request…

2 Likes

Sure, it’s better if pertinent information is included on the order page. However, if a Buyer sent other details via 5r’s messaging system. It’s not a big deal! Why? It’s still a paper trail for Fiverr to investigate if things go south. I’ve had Clients who were in a hurry and they sent a quick message (5r inbox) instead of the order page. The problem is communicating outside of Fiverr’s platform.

4 Likes

Only accept those details in the order requirements, once you’ve permitted it, or in the order chat.

I never work with people who send me sensitive information without my having permitted it. That’s a sign of someone very difficult to work with or at least careless about security, courtesy and proper behavior.

3 Likes

Thanks. My requirements is cpanel and WordPress login info. It it okay?

Yes, it’s fine. If it’s what you need for the job, you’re good.