Hide Pointless Sellers

kickoff3pm

I’ve recently been buying a few gigs, before I mainly sold gigs 😉

Well you know what ? the is an aufull lot of crap on here and even if you try to narrow your search down you end up with the granny selling 5 million backlinks from here tent in Tibet. Thing is if you don’t do all your searching in one session you have to wade though all this rubbish again. So here’s the big idea - WHY NOT GIVE BUYERS THE ABILITY TO HIDE THOSE THINGS THAT HAVE NO WORTH TO THEM ?

If I were you, I’d use Favorites and go about it from the other end. I find tons of gigs I don’t need. Too many to hide them all, plus sometimes it really is a new seller who improves and adds something I want later on. (Rarely, but it has happened.) I would just either use bookmarks to a folder in your browser or the Favorites option to build collections when you find a sell you DO like.

If it’s someone you want to try out, you can make a collection for tryouts. There are probably thousands of sellers here I will never buy from, so I’d far rather “collect” the ones I would buy from. Just a thought!

I don’t think that would work. Yes the are 1000s I wouldn’t never buy from but if you search on a term, and you are restricted to that term because thats all you want, then each time you start the search you face the same listing or very same and sorry to say but people do buy some rubbish on here so even the rubbish can be promoted to the top. I think we need a way to filter it to hide the dross for ever and that way new gigs by decent sellers will show up quicker.

Here’s another idea on seller filter. When you add a request I swear most of them either don’t read the request or can’t read the request. I’m sure some people just sit their all day replying to a request offering anything.

So while viewing the list of replies to my request I would like the ability to delete this replies or even better block them as I can’t see me wanting to do business with perhap 70% of the sellers on fiverr to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @kickoff3pm:
From a Buyer’s Perspective |Kickoff wrote: “Here’s another idea on seller filter. When you add a request I swear most of them either don’t read the request or can’t read the request. I’m sure some people just sit their all day replying to a request offering anything.”

Just happened today. I made a request about setting up a You Tube CHANNEL. Had 22
replies. Only ONE had anything to do with You Tube - and that was to sell a Banner.

Come to think of it, one may have been a ‘granny selling 5 million backlinks from her tent in Tibet’…

Another thing I noticed is some of these offers are in fact the same person with more then one fiverr account. Perhaps the are sweatshops, rooms of 50+ people all having an account and earning even less then the $4 dollars for a gig. Perhaps the are big fat mafia type bosses standing over 5 year olds demanding they reply to all requests no matter what the request 🙂

Archived