Holy carp!

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

So I was just looking at my total sales and kind of freaked, I have started 378 Family Trees this year. That is have done a family tree chart of at least 7 generations for 378 family lines, there is an average of 120 ancestors listed on any given tree. So I have researched a 45K people in less than a year. Now I know many of you all have HUGE sales and # of clients but a family tree research project is not something I can churn out in a hour, I spend days working to help people start thier family trees. HOLY CARP!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @oranjewebdesign: Genealogy is a passion you either have or don’t have, it is something I have done all my life and is very important to me. I go back about 7 generations with my gig so I haven’t found anyone famously linked but when I was running my own company I was always finding people who were related to actors and actresses plus royalty of course. My mother and I found out that our families are connected to the Bell Witch from Adams TN

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: It is funny how some people just relish in their family history and trees where as some don’t care. I often wonder if it how one is raised, I was raised to honor my family history and my mother was always telling me about our ancestors. I get clients who order my gig and they will over and over state that this person or that person never talked much about their family but THEY want to know (for whatever reason) and so I start their family trees for them and it gets them into conversation with their families and also gets the family member who maybe was hesitant to talk about their parents or family members to start a dialogue. That is my true reward from my gig knowing people are talking.

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @madmoo: its okay hahaha I love when posts get hijacked it means something has become interesting and worth conversation. I have seen it happen on FB all the time… its all good my fellow fiverr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tn5rr2012
caiterz said: Yeah, tn5rr2012 has been really nice
AWWW, thank you for the compliment, I try to be helpful and offer a beneficial service to my clients. I look forward to working with you in the near future (I am putting out in the universe that you will get a job in 2013)

Guest tn5rr2012
AWWW, thank you for the compliment, I try to be helpful and offer a beneficial service to my clients. I look forward to working with you in the near future (I am putting out in the universe that you will get a job in 2013)

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @tn5rr2012: I think I’m going to have to order one of your gigs soon! The information I have is all oral history, and very fuzzy as it’s recollections from things I’ve heard when I was a child.

My great-aunt was really into our family history, and had apparently amassed a decent collection of historical material. Unfortunately, when she died, I was too young to have any interest in any of it, and no one seems to know for sure what happened to all of it. I suspect it is (or was) with my grandmother, who’s started down the road with dementia, so it’s hard to say where it may be now.

Reply to @tn5rr2012: I think I’m going to have to order one of your gigs soon! The information I have is all oral history, and very fuzzy as it’s recollections from things I’ve heard when I was a child.

My great-aunt was really into our family history, and had apparently amassed a decent collection of historical material. Unfortunately, when she died, I was too young to have any interest in any of it, and no one seems to know for sure what happened to all of it. I suspect it is (or was) with my grandmother, who’s started down the road with dementia, so it’s hard to say where it may be now.

Archived