Fiverr Community Forum

How are YOU doing?

Where I live numbers of new cases were going down and now climbing up again as people begin to act like it’s over and things are completely open.

6 Likes

Same here. Authorities don’t have enough staff to check every store and there are lot’s around here that are not respecting the guidelines because of the crisis. Unfortunately, most of the people is acting at the big cities like nothing was happening and a few places got the double of cases just in the last 15 days. Let’s hope for the best.

1 Like

If you can simply stay home and not come into contact with anyone you can learn to live a hermit’s life and work on being healthy, and improving your gigs. Of course there is always a need at some time to venture outside, or do errands that involve people contact.

4 Likes

I’m doing it. I just go outside once a week to buy food and medicines, if needed. Since I work from home for many years now it’s not difficult for me to stay at home. I guess that the best trick is to keep your mind occupied. :wink:

3 Likes

From the last few days, feeling not well. My city has been covered up with COVID PATIENT, I’m still okay. All I want is to PRAY!

3 Likes

Not well :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Stay health, stay safe, and don’t forget to wash your hands everyone

4 Likes

Even if you live the Hermit life, you aren’t safe. I got diagnosed with Corona yesterday even though I haven’t left home in weeks. And it absolutely sucks.

5 Likes

@ssj1236 Oh Jim sorry to hear that! I’m concerned about you. Please keep us updated. Maybe a family member or visitor to your home brought it in? Anyway hoping it goes away and you get well very fast.

Who are all these people I see on the news out and about as if the virus doesn’t exist? How, why are they out there without any sort of protection or distancing?

3 Likes

That’s probably what happened so now I’m locked in a room. Luckily, the fever went away today but took my sense of smell and taste with it which is driving me up the literal wall but other than that I’m doing well.

3 Likes

You sound like it’s going to be very mild. Lucky you got tested! Did you have symptoms that made you do that? Was it at a clinic? I guess the fever made you get the test. Scary. I read that happens to everyone, losing the sense of smell and taste but it comes back.

1 Like

Yep, luckily they are mild. I had a fever and a dry cough that weren’t going away so I called a doctor and he was pretty much certain it’s Covid.

Unfortunately, my mom caught it too and it’s hitting her a bit harder. So just be careful. If you think someone has it in your family then get them tested and quarantine them unless you want it to spread.

4 Likes

I also want to point out for anyone who reads this that there are what they call “super spreaders” which are people without any symptoms who have it and spread it around easily to everyone they come into any sort of contact with.

One such person with no symptoms gave it to 32 people.

I was talking to someone I know who says he “doesn’t believe in wearing a mask” yet he it out running around as if it’s not even in existence and has a wife and daughter. It’s one thing to not care about your own health but this is not just about that. It’s about anyone around you that you might infect.

2 Likes

447mxf

3 Likes

Yeh we should be seeing the major outbreaks begin in about a week or two. The protests everywhere here are like pouring gasoline on a fire. It takes that long of an incubation period to start having symptoms. I’m upset about what happened here too but to go out in a huge crowd of chanting people for hours, packed together…

2 Likes

Nah, after the protests, the next pressing crisis will be food shortages, economic Armageddon and, lots of civil unrest.

You have the entire Western world having just willingly closed shop and stayed home for several weeks, only to have lockdowns be proven completely pointless by mass protests undoing any benefit. That is going to upset a lot of people and there is no more money in the kitty to keep paying people’s bills.

I’m pretty sure that in a couple of months, people will be more concerned about catching something for dinner than they will be Covid-19.

On the upside, though. all them, protesters are getting lots of vitamin D. :wink:

5 Likes

It’s gonna take a week or so for the symptoms to pop-up for the people out in the streets and after that, we’re probably looking at mass lockdowns around the world again.

Nope, most major protests start after the sun goes down.

1 Like

We have middle class families lined up for hours waiting for free food now. We have this week a 13% unemployment rate.

It’s hitting our Hispanic and African American populations disproportionately hard.

1 Like

That means you don’t have middle class families anymore.

3 Likes

People who usually make $40,000 to $60,000 per year are suddenly going without food, unable to pay rent.

I saw in Las Vegas they have a huge parking lot with big squares drawn on it each at a distance apart from the others and people laying down on a blanket on the pavement. That is their new home.
Las Vegas gets up to 110 degrees F. in the summer.

They don’t look 6 feet apart to me.

2 Likes