Fiverr Forum

How are you handling open orders that go dark in the time of COVID-19?

Hey Fiverrians- I hope everyone is doing well in light of the current uncertain situation :heart:

I’ve had an open order with a new buyer for almost 20 days now. They ordered a 5-email campaign without chatting with me first. (I know some of us are fine with that, but for me it strongly affects the quality of work I can do for them.) From their requirements, I wasn’t able to figure out their “goal” for the emails. I wrote back suggesting an outline, and they wrote back suggesting a separate one. Not a problem at all, but it required a lot of additional information and resources from their side that they said they’d provide and that I’ve now requested multiple times. :hourglass_flowing_sand:

Once the clock ticked down the first time without an answer, I sent an extension that they accepted.

The Buyer has checked in once since then (a week ago) to let me know things are busy on their end and they’d send me the info soon. It’s 100% understandable to be busy in this time - but they’ve essentially gone dark while keeping the order open and not responding to my reminders (despite the fact that they’ve been on Fiverr).

I know that this is an average day on Fiverr, believe me. :slight_smile: I have compassion for the chaos they must be encountering and have been very patient, but I’m getting anxious about the lack of response. With 4 days left, I’ve checked in once more to ask whether they want A) to extend further or B) me to complete the order based on the original outline I proposed (which I do have the info for). I didn’t suggest cancellation because why should they be able to hurt my stats when they ordered without really knowing what they wanted?

It would help so much to know I’m not alone and hear other perspectives. Are you guys dealing with this too? How can we balance compassion with realistic expectations here?

4 Likes

Why don’t you try to deliver your campaign like a template based on the outline you proposed?

and deliver them with a note that you can do changes as required in future without any additional cost!

This way you can keep your order and reputation…

Btw I liked your approach that you need to understand a client’s requirements first to meet their goals.

Thank you.

1 Like