How can be prevented Buyers fraudulency

ag151293

Hi All,
I want to know how can be prevented buyers fraudulence. What is the step we can take regarding this. It is the big problem I have seen this thing there are less number of serious buyers.Do you really think fiverr need few changes regarding this. I need help to resolve this thing. Please share if you have an any idea about.

💩 typical fraudulent buyer: “hey I want to know if you can send me a FREE sample”

if your response is: 🤨 “I can´t do that, this service is not like tasting a piece of cheese for free and then buying it! :cheese:” buyer: 💩 “oh okay”

but IF your response is: :crazy_face: "oh yes!!"
buyer: 😈 “thanks for your free sample, see you in the future”

or 😇 “thanks, send me offer please”

then, at the end: 💩the buyer left you 1 star review

😱

💩 typical fraudulent buyer: “hey I want to know if you can send me a FREE sample”

if your response is: 🤨 “I can´t do that, this service is not like tasting a piece of cheese for free and then buying it! :cheese:” buyer: 💩 “oh okay”

but IF your response is: :crazy_face: "oh yes!!"

😱

but IF your response is: :crazy_face: “oh yes!!”

giphy.gif.d6f2578df3a2e90d9ee6eb11fc0c477f.gif

What @misscrystal said. Don’t do free sample s!@t and at all times: if you feel in your guts that there is something wrong, don’t do business with them.

Yes, it has happened few days ago, I given some sample but after the sample buyer got disappear and not getting back again. They said if you give me sample then we will start.

but IF your response is: :crazy_face: “oh yes!!”

df03b11c793962446bd56f4e016b3d0e0ee0f9ea.gif

haha I think I talked too much. . . conclusion: do not do free samples 🍃

• 2 years later...

Now that’s a surprise. Are scammers allowed to prowl Fiverr?

Of course. There are going to be scammer buyers as well as sellers here. But, they get their comeuppance at some point and their accounts banned.

The point is, you are not allowed to “name and shame” a buyer or seller here. If you have a problem with either, take it up with Fiverr customer service directly.

GG

The forum rule is we are not allowed to name either buyers or sellers. Otherwise this would become just a list of people others have grudges against for whatever reason and they didn’t want that.

Also, there are always 3 sides to a story - and the one who comes in the forum to name someone and lay out the story to of course, make themselves look like the good guy or victim (even if they are), only gives one side of what went down. So, imagine if someone wanted to just smear a sellers name and reputation with a fake story - or a seller wanted to do the same? Not very fair. That is why it is better to contact Fiverr if you have a problem in this area.

There is no rule against coming to the forum (Ranting Pot) to complain about an experience you have had or are having - as long as you are not saying WHO you had this experience with.

GG

• 5 months later...

Same happened with me! now I think it was my fault to give him free sample…

Don’t do that.

Why do you call it a sample? Custom work is NEVER a sample. A sample is a generic piece you can share with multiple people, not free labor.

No legitimate buyer expects you to write something for free before they decide to work with you. None.

Archived