Fiverr Forum

How can I cope?

Right now I am honestly close to tears with my Fiverr gigs. I haven’t slept in about 40 hours as I have been continually writing. About 30 days ago I went on holiday. Stupidly forgot to pause my gig and I suddenly had about 60 orders come in, all for 8 gigs each. Great for money, but I returned 10 days ago. Now I can pump through about 4 of these a day (takes 16 hours total) but I constantly have people complaining that I am not going fast enough with their orders and threatening to cancel if I don’t do theirs next. It is causing great deals of stress and very few people seem to realise that articles take a while to put together, and it is really sucky. It is ruining everything. Surely there should be a way to limit the amount of orders you have coming in each week, or an ability to limit it at least. Or perhaps there should be more understanding people out there.

gah.

Ryan

I hope people don’t mind these updates btw! Hopefully it will eventually show people they can get through whatever! :o I have no gigs due over the weekend which will give me a great opportunity to catch up with myself (yay)

I hope people don’t mind these updates btw! Hopefully it will eventually show people they can get through whatever! :o I have no gigs due over the weekend which will give me a great opportunity to catch up with myself (yay)

Not quite there, but everything a bit more manageable from now on :slight_smile: Very few ‘large orders’ to get through, there are still some but hopefully from now on everything will be great!

Reply to @petrosianii: I completely agree with you. To try and get more sales, people are offering more and more for $5, there is a tipping point however, quality.

I am much more like to buy “a” for $5, than “a” “b” and “c”, because when so much is offered, you can see the desperation and it actually undervalues your service further.

A lot of my clients come to me due to bad/cheap coders. At the end of the day, if your $5 work is taking more than 10-15minutes, you are underselling yourself. My main gig takes 15minutes and I run it as a loss leader to draw larger sales of $100-500, which takes me up to 5 hours. Throw in fiverr commission, and im still under priced for my field - but its definitely worth my time.

Reply to @mrspanda: Hit the nail on the head. But to add, I don’t do what I do for money. I genuinely love what I do. I tell my wife all the time: I’d do it all for $5. It’s not the $5 that thrills me. It’s the fact that my ingenuity and innovativeness is sexy enough to someone, that he is willing to take a chance and “buy” what I’m selling. For me, it’s the thrill of the seduction of business. That’s a high like no other. Whether it’s $5 ot $500, doesn’t matter to me.

However, we cannot escape the truths of marketing. Price is not an arbitrary concept. It has parameters and guidelines and factors such as the economy and labor production value the industry and the other aspects of the marketing mix have to be taken into account - or else you’ll run your business aground and not know why. The great thing about sites like Fiverr is that they are a marketplace that opens up opportunities for us as entrepreneurs and freelancers. The downside to sites like Fiverr is that they demolish the principles of proper pricing by forcing everyone to pretty much charge the same price for radically different services.

Many thanks for the support guys :slight_smile: I have unpaused my gig to get up the search rankings again BUT i have disabled gig extras for now. It may cost me a few sales, but for now it is fine. but the support here has helped, especially the ones that messaged me on Fiverr offering to help get me through! To be honest, I am not too worried about cancellations now. I’ll come back much stronger!

I understand the overload and pressure to meet everyone’s demands - and high quality writing does take time. I can’t help right now apart from saying prioritise the orders in a way that will seem to work for you. Those who threaten to leave the negative feedback will have to be put first and then make a list to get through each of the others. Could you explain to the guy threatening the feedback that his 10 free articles will have to take longer than the 2 days due to other orders and time constraints due to the fact that he decided to place 128 orders at one time(that’s if you’re going to give him them)?

After this, I would definitely recommend making some changes to your gigs. It will just lead to burn out and you will end up resenting the fact that you have so much to do. And…next time you go away, remember to either extend your lead times or put your gigs on hold!

Great, i’ll keep them coming :wink: thankfully Fiverr support said my account isn’t in danger of losing its level despite the cancellations (woo!) so that is good. 8 gigs down today (albeit in one order) aiming to get 6 more done before I take a nice break watching football tonight! Thanks for everybody’s support :wink: I haven’t broken into the highest rated list again yet, but that is fine. I did get 6 orders, but I have a nice 5 day gap at the end of this run before they are due.

Yeah, chin up mate you’ll get there in the end :slight_smile:

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks! And nope, my home team (Brighton) against Blackburn Rovers. Much more exciting!

Reply to @prohelper27: I meant 16 orders of 8 gigs sadly. So 16 x negative feedback. Last time Fiverr Customer Support molded it all into one negative for me, which was nice of them.

ryangillam said: He order 16 gigs, so that is going to be a lot of negative feedback. Some people mutually cancelled today, but that is fine.

If it makes you feel any better, if he ordered all 16 gigs at once and not separately, IF he does end up leaving a negative feedback, it will only be ONE negative feedback, not 16. :-)

Reply to @ryangillam: Oh… ouch. :frowning:

Maybe they will be able to do it once more for you if it happens again, lol.

Don’t worry… everything will be okay. You can get through this!

I have increased it considerably. The problem with pausing is that I will lose my search ranking, and I rely on that in order to generate income. The problem isn’t the future orders really, it is the orders that have already come in :frowning:

How about you outsource it as well?

Reply to @designhero: Because I want to be in control of the quality.