How can I decline a gig?

I need to decline a gig because the buyers website does not fit the theme of my blog. My niche is wedding flowers and my wedding related gig explicitly says wedding related sites only and I have someone wanting me to put a link to his cyber Monday laptop deals. I am not seeing a way to decline or cancel the gig. I have sent a note to support but so far have not heard back. Thanks.

I would also add to try and request the mutual cancellation quickly so that they can start looking for someone else to complete their order and don’t feel that a lot of time was wasted. Additionally, if your gig is very specific (like it sounds like it might be) you may want to ask people to message you prior to ordering so you can determine whether or not you will be able to help them prior to them submitting an order. Just a thought.

Agree, mutual cancellation is the best approach here.

Reply to @madmoo: Agreed! Totally.

Mutual cancellation is the best approach . However after doing a great job,I mean really great job and delivered exactly what I stated in the description of my gig , I ran into one scammer that requested a mutual cancellation . After I view his profile I saw that he was offering the same service that I was doing. I guess it could have been worse :slight_smile:

I do sympathize. It does happen but rare.

I would also add to try and request the mutual cancellation quickly so that they can start looking for someone else to complete their order and don’t feel that a lot of time was wasted. Additionally, if your gig is very specific (like it sounds like it might be) you may want to ask people to message you prior to ordering so you can determine whether or not you will be able to help them prior to them submitting an order. Just a thought.

Mutual cancellation is the best approach . However after doing a great job,I mean really great job and delivered exactly what I stated in the description of my gig , I ran into one scammer that requested a mutual cancellation . After I view his profile I saw that he was offering the same service that I was doing. I guess it could have been worse :slight_smile: