How can i get more sell in fiverr

• 10 months later...

Yeah, all that LinkedIn and social media thing is bs, you need to properly promote your items, reach out to the people that need your service. Not just spamming your link everywhere on LinkedIn and social media.

It’s typical. I swear I don’t understand why it’s always the same sellers without any social proof or success on the platform parroting the same bad advice over and over again. Surely they must know it doesn’t work, since it’s not working for them. What do they get out of posting bad advice non stop? I don’t get it.

It’s typical. I swear I don’t understand why it’s always the same sellers without any social proof or success on the platform parroting the same bad advice over and over again. Surely they must know it doesn’t work, since it’s not working for them. What do they get out of posting bad advice non stop? I don’t get it.

Yep exactly, they claim it to be their “personal experience”, yet their experience level is 0. Look, I am not picking on them, but it’s a waste of time and energy. Hence when new users join, they see “social media” everywhere and eventually go and start spamming on there themselves. For example, on twitter I see a lot of fiverr sellers spamming their link to their account like 5-7 times a day, it is beyond frustrating!

Yep exactly, they claim it to be their “personal experience”, yet their experience level is 0. Look, I am not picking on them, but it’s a waste of time and energy. Hence when new users join, they see “social media” everywhere and eventually go and start spamming on there themselves. For example, on twitter I see a lot of fiverr sellers spamming their link to their account like 5-7 times a day, it is beyond frustrating!

Bu that’s what I don’t get. The first meksell comes to the forums and posts that bs advice. Sure. Then 10 new meksells come, see the advice, implement it, and get no orders. And then they post 10 new threads giving the same advice?

This is not stupid - it’s literally insane.

Bu that’s what I don’t get. The first meksell comes to the forums and posts that bs advice. Sure. Then 10 new meksells come, see the advice, implement it, and get no orders. And then they post 10 new threads giving the same advice?

This is not stupid - it’s literally insane.

Yeah haha, it just starts a new trend, a trend that’s getting bigger and bigger daily!

Is this some kind of pyramid scheme of idiocy? I’m not sure what’s in it for any of them, even the ones at the top of the pyramid.

At this rate, I would believe that it is a pyramid scheme of idiocy. Honestly, all the sellers out here asking for advice and complaining about not getting any orders is insane. There is no “shortcut.” I myself joined around a month ago and have just got my fifth order, yet I never asked for any advice or tell people to “post social media.”

At this rate, I would believe that it is a pyramid scheme of idiocy. Honestly, all the sellers out here asking for advice and complaining about not getting any orders is insane. There is no “shortcut.” I myself joined around a month ago and have just got my fifth order, yet I never asked for any advice or tell people to “post social media.”

Yeah. What puzzles me is that in a pyramid scheme the ones at the top are getting something. In this case I have no idea what any of them are getting out of this.

Yeah, you have a very good point, hmm yeah, what do they get out of it? Never really thought of that myself…

Earlier today I had a discussion with another user that kept insisting they had to offer unlimited revisions because they were a new seller. I told them I never offered more than 2 or 3 revisions, even when I started, with no reviews. They replied that my account was old, that Fiverr in 2020 is much more competitive, and there’s no way to get orders otherwise.

My account is 2 years old. Fiverr was not substantially less competitive in 2018. Yet she wasn’t having any of it. Unlimited revisions it is!

Same deal with buyer requests. “Oh, new sellers need buyers requests to get the first orders!”. Hey, I got to where I am now without sending any. “Excuse A, B, and C. Conclusion - new sellers need buyer requests to get the first orders!”

This is what I don’t get. They’ll swallow any copy paste advice given by people with no reviews, broken english, no experience. Yet if somebody with proven success gives them actual good advice that they can implement immediately (don’t offer unlimited revisions ffs), they ignore it.

Earlier today I had a discussion with another user that kept insisting they had to offer unlimited revisions because they were a new seller. I told them I never offered more than 2 or 3 revisions, even when I started, with no reviews. They replied that my account was old, that Fiverr in 2020 is much more competitive, and there’s no way to get orders otherwise.

My account is 2 years old. Fiverr was not substantially less competitive in 2018. Yet she wasn’t having any of it. Unlimited revisions it is!

Same deal with buyer requests. “Oh, new sellers need buyers requests to get the first orders!”. Hey, I got to where I am now without sending any. “Excuse A, B, and C. Conclusion - new sellers need buyer requests to get the first orders!”

This is what I don’t get. They’ll swallow any copy paste advice given by people with no reviews, broken english, no experience. Yet if somebody with proven success gives them actual good advice that they can implement immediately (don’t offer unlimited revisions ffs), they ignore it.

Oh yeah, I don’t understand the “unlimited revision” thing either. Personally to me, as a buyer, that shows me that you are lacking self confidence! I offer 1, 2 and 4 revisions per package, then how come I managed to pull 5 sales after 1 month of joining here in 2020. I guess some people are very gullible and stubborn!

Oh yeah, I don’t understand the “unlimited revision” thing either. Personally to me, as a buyer, that shows me that you are lacking self confidence! I offer 1, 2 and 4 revisions per package, then how come I managed to pull 5 sales after 1 month of joining here in 2020. I guess some people are very gullible and stubborn!

Precisely. Unlimited revisions are a terrible idea for multiple reasons.

1 - It’s false. There will never be unlimited revisions. After a certain point, those orders will just get canceled. Nobody will work forever on a project.

2 - It shows lack of confidence. Good artists, writers, designers, etc. will not revise their work 100s of times. They’ll get it right after a revision or two.

3 - It shows you don’t value your time or the clients time. If I order something, and it’s still not good after 2 or 3 revisions, I’m wasting my time.

4 - It attracts the worst, scummy, exploitative buyers. You don’t want them, at any cost. Better no orders than nightmare orders.

Precisely. Unlimited revisions are a terrible idea for multiple reasons.

1 - It’s false. There will never be unlimited revisions. After a certain point, those orders will just get canceled. Nobody will work forever on a project.

2 - It shows lack of confidence. Good artists, writers, designers, etc. will not revise their work 100s of times. They’ll get it right after a revision or two.

3 - It shows you don’t value your time or the clients time. If I order something, and it’s still not good after 2 or 3 revisions, I’m wasting my time.

4 - It attracts the worst, scummy, exploitative buyers. You don’t want them, at any cost. Better no orders than nightmare orders.

Exactly, your just spitting out facts! But again the rate of people giving good advice compared to the “0 experience sellers” giving out “post social media, unlimited revision” advice is probably at a ratio of 1:4. As we mentioned earlier, people have started a very huge trend that is constantly growing, but the sad thing is that a lot of people are falling for it.

Exactly, your just spitting out facts! But again the rate of people giving good advice compared to the “0 experience sellers” giving out “post social media, unlimited revision” advice is probably at a ratio of 1:4. As we mentioned earlier, people have started a very huge trend that is constantly growing, but the sad thing is that a lot of people are falling for it.

And that shouldn’t matter to us, right? They’ll make no sales, give up, etc.

The problem is that it does matter. I worked hard to build a good position within Fiverr. I’d like that to mean something. Right now what it means to a lot of people is that I’m at the top of a platform known for spamming social media, and for meksells offering unlimited revisions for $5. The less credibility Fiverr as a platform has, the less credibility all sellers here have, be they TRS or Pro or whatever.

And that shouldn’t matter to us, right? They’ll make no sales, give up, etc.

The problem is that it does matter. I worked hard to build a good position within Fiverr. I’d like that to mean something. Right now what it means to a lot of people is that I’m at the top of a platform known for spamming social media, and for meksells offering unlimited revisions for $5. The less credibility Fiverr as a platform has, the less credibility all sellers here have, be they TRS or Pro or whatever.

Yeah, I totally understand you. Eventually, it will have an effect on Fiverr’s image, these people don’t think about what might happen in the long run, it is ruining the forums and fiverr’s image. For example, take the current issue happening with “N/A on our gig stats”, some people are out here asking the very same question every 2 minutes! The forum lately has been filled with people complaining “I CAN’T SEE MY STATS”, like come on, they don’t even take their time to read previous post and it clearly says it on the forum page as well!

Archived