How can I get my first client?

proprogramer154

Hi,

First, you need to invest a lot of your time poring over several informative forum posts and articles in the Seller Help Center. You then need to put this knowledge to good use by creating/improving your gig(s) and fine-tuning them to the best of your ability.

There is no shortcut to success. You need to put in the effort. If you do that, surely you will have your first client soon.

Good luck! ☀️

If you are reading this now and you just posted or plan to post asking about more orders, your first order, no orders, how to get buyers, advice, or tips - check out these ideas. Every single day there are many posts just asking for tips on how to get orders. If you actually read the posts and answers, you’ll find that most of these people don’t have an unusual question or a specialized question about their gigs. They just ask the exact same question over and over and they get the same answers…

In my recent poll, the following results occurred.

51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”

30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”

Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”

Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”

7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”

It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…

Well, clearly, 40 fewer people have seen your gig in the search results or your gig’s Fiverr category. It happens… regularly too, I might add. Apparently, fewer people are searching with keywords you chose for your gig. Perhaps now is a good time for you take responsibility for your success, and start marketing and promoting your gig.

Promoting your gig should improve your gig impression.

Promoting your gig should improve your gig impression.

No, it won’t. Impressions are only registered from on-site traffic when a buyer conducts a search and a gig shows up in that search, or when a buyer loads a category page that features a gig cover image.

If you market and promote a gig, bringing in your own traffic has absolutely NOTHING to do with impressions. Please do not give advice unless you know how Fiverr works.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

First, you need to invest a lot of your time poring over several informative forum posts and articles in the Seller Help Center. You then need to put this knowledge to good use by creating/improving your gig(s) and fine-tuning them to the best of your ability.

There is no shortcut to success. You need to put in the effort. If you do that, surely you will have your first client soon.

Good luck! ☀️

And which “informative forum posts” would that be exactly?

And which “informative forum posts” would that be exactly?

There are hundreds of “informative” and “helpful” forum posts that are specially curated to cater to the needs of new sellers who are just venturing out into the Fiverr-verse. A few of them have already been mentioned in this thread by another forum user. You might want to start with them. 🙂

I would suggest that you spend some time browsing through the forum (to find informative forum posts). Don’t forget to use the search tool on the top right-hand side of the forum as it’s a very versatile tool that can connect you with the forum posts that you’re looking for.

Like I had mentioned in my previous post, even the seller help center has many articles that explain the basics of creating a strong gig and the importance of the various elements that contribute toward making a gig truly stand out. You could use the search feature in the seller help center to look for more helpful articles.

Archived