How can I get orders on Fiver?Can anybody help me?

Guest tamish

I am working on fiver. I can send offers but I cannot get any orders. I am so worried about my career. Can anybody help me??I will very thankful If anybody help me.

It’s not like orders are just gonna come in…
“Hello , I am professional creative writer with Three year experience.”
“Don’t fell shy to contact me.”

You are not going to fool anyone with those lines. I’m not a professional writer but I can tell you are not one. Try to offer gigs that you are actually capable of doing and maybe you will get orders. A good idea that will help you is that you read the Tips for Sellers Section here in the forum.

Please stop sending me multiple spams, thank you.
edit: image was removed by me until I can blur out the sellers name.
You can post your gig in “Improve My Gig” to get help. This amount of spam sets a new

record. The best help I can give you, and this is not meant to be insulting, is that writing in English is not something you should be selling since your grammar is really bad. You wanted help from me and this is it: stop trying to sell a writing gig. It won’t work for you.

Ah, if only you’d been on that post where I had a dispute with a longtime seller who spammed me with a question that could have easily been asked and answered on the forum! We went into quite the discussion of what spam is… if she does read this, there you go.

Pretty much, yeah. In English we say a “meeting of minds”, and it’s a pretty normal idiomatic way to describe communication in a bunch of languages. The problem lies in the idiomatic nature: I can’t go to a Greek and say (in awful Greek) “ooh, it’s raining cats and dogs out there” without mass confusion or knowing looks (from the more fluent in English) breaking out. That’s a poor and exaggerated example, but you get the idea?

I’d have been more worried if he’d added the lexical fun of “meat” into the mix. I’d give him a pass on this one. But not for the spamghetti bolognese.

There’s a whole paper on it here. Non-native speakers of English (or any other language) do well to learn the idiomatic features of their target language as it not only creates the (sometimes) illusion of fluency, but

http://www.academypublication.com/issues/past/jltr/vol04/05/07.pdf

Look, don’t pop yer idioms into other peoples language soup. it’s confusing. That’s the point. In the course of making that extra effort, you also learn about the culture a bit more an ensure better communications. International English–particularly business language–has been rather Victorian and ripped out this soul of any language to the benefit that everything is clear.

To expect this from a desperate $5 seller who can’t or won’t operate outside of his own cultural and linguistic expectations is naive at best and ruinous at worst. Fortunately, there are plenty of idiots out there who just look at the price.

ALL non-native speakers of English would do well to remember this and try to learn this subsect of English as best as they can. It will make you rich if you get it right, believe me.

Whining on a forum about not getting orders and harassing someone won’t. This approach works in no society.

/lecture but the paper’s worth a read–“time flies” is simple enough right? But what about all the other little sayings that vaguely allude to it? While “time flies” is fair enough, remember that some other cultures might use different applications for this idiom. It’s not right or wrong, just different.

I’ll leave you with my fave German aphorism. Wenn hinter Fliegen Fliegen fliegen, fliegen Fliegen Fliegen nach (er… “when flies fly after flies, other flies fly after them”…I think. lulz)

Archived