How can I make my gig better?

jaimeyr

Dear Jaimey:

I took a look at your profile and at your infographic gig. Here are my thoughts:

• Your log line:
    In my humble opinion (IMHO), this is too generic. I don’t have specific suggestions, because I don’t know what makes YOU special.

*Your profile image:

You should use a photo of yourself smiling. Some people like to brand themselves as a company with a logo, as you have done. If you’re not happy with your results, try branding yourself as a person with a photo.

• Your profile text:

It’s good that you gave your preferred name for people to call you, but I find the rest of your profile text is pretty generic. Your goal here should be to make me feel I know, like, and trust you. What’s special about Jaimey?

• Gig Title: I will create a high quality infographic in 24 hours

One thing to bear in mind when creating gig titles is that you want key words to make it stand out. The only key word in this title is “infographic.” I have no idea what key words would make this stand out, but I suggest you find some.

Also, I find you are not thinking fourth-dimensionally by putting 24 hours in your title. I suggest you listen to Fiverrcast, as they go into more depth about the long-term consequences of your gig titles.

I suggest you delete this gig before you make your first sale, and create a replacement that does not have 24 hours in the title. That way, as you move up in levels and hopefully get busier, you will have the freedom to extend your delivery times as needed and to offer extra fast delivery as a gig extra. You want to give yourself maximum flexibility and the opportunity to make more money for the same amount of work in the future. (IMHO)

• Gig Description:

Do you want a high quality infographic in 24 hours?

Gig guarantees:

100% Unique/Professional Work
24 Hour Delivery
Unlimited Revisions Included
Creative and eye-catching design
.PNG Provided

Why choose me?
I have over 4 years of graphic design experience, and a 100% gig rating. I do high quality, professional work. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Order today!

• Jaimey R

I think you are shooting yourself in the foot by offering unlimited gig revisions. I’d suggest offering 1 or 2 revisions, and making additional revisions a gig extra. In general, I suggest you add more to your gig description to take advantage of the 1200 characters Fiverr allows.

How complicated an infographic are you willing to make? I’d suggest you be as specific as you can.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales.

Gig Images: You have only two. You should add one more.

Gig Extras: I’m not sure exactly what you mean by data points. Anything you can do to clear this up would be good.

Here’s a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

Good luck,
Blaise

• 3 weeks later...

Archived