How Can improve my English Writing skill

elias_dawa

Question

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

The passive way is to listen and to read. Movies, books, podcasts, TV, etc. Movies in English with English subtitles are the best because you can both listen and read at the same time. Podcasts, books and TV are the best because you can just leave them on and let them rattle in the background. You don’t even have to do anything, the vocabulary, the pronunciation, the context will just get into your head. 

For writing and talking, it’s better to go to a language school or find a tutor. You will need someone to correct you. Reading out loud is good as a basic exercise. I used to read Lord of the Rings to myself before having to speak publicly. If you can pronounce that gibberish cleanly and confidently, you for sure will be able to give a basic presentation and answer some questions. 🙂

Thanks & Noted.

On 8/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, abusaeed7171 said:

What is best?

Watching Movie or My service related English tutorial?

Reading book or given time on Fiverr forum?

I think all the options you've written are the required to improve proficiency in English

The passive way is to listen and to read. Movies, books, podcasts, TV, etc. Movies in English with English subtitles are the best because you can both listen and read at the same time. Podcasts, books and TV are the best because you can just leave them on and let them rattle in the background. You don’t even have to do anything, the vocabulary, the pronunciation, the context will just get into your head. 

For writing and talking, it’s better to go to a language school or find a tutor. You will need someone to correct you. Reading out loud is good as a basic exercise. I used to read Lord of the Rings to myself before having to speak publicly. If you can pronounce that gibberish cleanly and confidently, you for sure will be able to give a basic presentation and answer some questions. 🙂

On 8/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, abusaeed7171 said:

What is best?

Watching Movie or My service related English tutorial?

Reading book or given time on Fiverr forum?

If you want to speak English fluently, you can speak English yourself every day. You can chat in English with your friends. Practice is the best way to learn 

2 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I think it depends on the person what works best for them. I've learned a bit of Spanish through watching a Spanish show with my native language as subtitles. You can also just do a combination of course!

Of course it helps, but the forum shouldn't be cluttered with people who use it as a sort of language tutor. But I agree 100% reading will definitely benefit someone's English 🙂 

@abusaeed7171 this might also be a helpful site for you: https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/learning-english/ 

It's good you're willing to learn and improve yourself, so I wish you all the best and good luck! 😊

Thanks!

1 hour ago, surajrenuka said:

English movies and series will surely improve your English but In ENGLISH subtitles ! Not in regional language subtitles !

I think it depends on the person what works best for them. I've learned a bit of Spanish through watching a Spanish show with my native language as subtitles. You can also just do a combination of course!

Reading and interacting with people on forum is another great way to have better improvement to English language

Of course it helps, but the forum shouldn't be cluttered with people who use it as a sort of language tutor. But I agree 100% reading will definitely benefit someone's English 🙂 

@abusaeed7171 this might also be a helpful site for you: https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/learning-english/ 

It's good you're willing to learn and improve yourself, so I wish you all the best and good luck! 😊

English movies and series will surely improve your English but In ENGLISH subtitles ! Not in regional language subtitles !

Reading and interacting with people on forum is another great way to have better improvement to English language !

When you don't know the meaning of particular word or sentence read them couple of time and seas for the meaning and try to understand the whole sentence together !

You have to be around the people or in environment where this language is being used all the time and you will start getting it more,

Its not you must know everything about it, I even dont know many words in my own language but I know how to talk or to make someone understand what I want to convey ! This is how it works..

Take it as medium to communicate and never try to speak or treat English as native speakers !

Thanks for your information. Noted it.

3 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

I suggest watching movies in English using your own language as subtitles

Time on the forum won't really help your reading skills

Reading and interacting with people on forum is another great way to have better improvement to English language !

When you don't know the meaning of particular word or sentence read them couple of time and seas for the meaning and try to understand the whole sentence together !

You have to be around the people or in environment where this language is being used all the time and you will start getting it more,

Its not you must know everything about it, I even dont know many words in my own language but I know how to talk or to make someone understand what I want to convey ! This is how it works..

Take it as medium to communicate and never try to speak or treat English as native speakers !

I suggest watching movies in English using your own language as subtitles, you'll pick up more than you think! A service related English tutorial can't hurt either. Time on the forum won't really help your reading skills, so I'd much more suggest to find sites that help you with grammar etc and allows you to practice with it. 

The app 'Duolingo' is a very nice app to work with to learn/improve another language. Hope this helped! 

I hope English will be better if i follow your advice. Thanks 🤩

I suggest watching movies in English using your own language as subtitles, you'll pick up more than you think! A service related English tutorial can't hurt either. Time on the forum won't really help your reading skills, so I'd much more suggest to find sites that help you with grammar etc and allows you to practice with it. 

The app 'Duolingo' is a very nice app to work with to learn/improve another language. Hope this helped! 

Archived