How can we ask for live portfolio?

ze_blender3d

Yes , I know. But I’m just curious out of all 15+ different sellers . All of them don’t want to share portfolio.

Your buyers are not required to show the work you deliver to them. Some may not want other people to see the work you delivered. If you allow a portfolio option, it is entirely up to the buyer to decide if they want the work to show up in your gallery. You cannot force them to do so. The more work you deliver, the more likely it will be that some of that work will be allowed in your portfolio.

Your buyers are not required to show the work you deliver to them. Some may not want other people to see the work you delivered. If you allow a portfolio option, it is entirely up to the buyer to decide if they want the work to show up in your gallery. You cannot force them to do so. The more work you deliver, the more likely it will be that some of that work will be allowed in your portfolio.

I did ask my buyers, if there are comfortable to share their work.

They are willingly to share, but they don’t know how to share, they said that they didnt see any button for them to click. Because I;m not a buyer , so I don’t know how the buyer able to enable the portfolio.

They are willingly to share, but they don’t know how to share, they said that they didnt see any button for them to click. Because I;m not a buyer , so I don’t know how the buyer able to enable the portfolio.

They are willingly to share, but they don’t know how to share, they said that they didnt see any button for them to click.

If you allow a gallery on your gig, then there is a clearly marked check box (for visual files) when a buyer completes an order. They can check that box if they want to give permission for the work you delivered to show up in your gallery. If they choose not to check that box, your delivered work will not show up in your gallery.

Like I said, your buyers have complete control over whether the work they hired you to complete shows up in your gig gallery. It is their choice, and their choice alone.

They are willingly to share, but they don’t know how to share, they said that they didnt see any button for them to click.

If you allow a gallery on your gig, then there is a clearly marked check box (for visual files) when a buyer completes an order. They can check that box if they want to give permission for the work you delivered to show up in your gallery. If they choose not to check that box, your delivered work will not show up in your gallery.

Like I said, your buyers have complete control over whether the work they hired you to complete shows up in your gig gallery. It is their choice, and their choice alone.

If they choose not to check that box,

Yes, totally agree with the buyer choice.

I think Fiverr set the option unchecked as default. And buyer will miss out on the option, if they are unaware of this feature.

So is it possible to write a friendly notice after I deliver to them saying that if you are comfortable sharing your work, please enable the option? etc…

I think Fiverr set the option unchecked as default. And buyer will miss out on the option, if they are unaware of this feature.

So is it possible to write a friendly notice after I deliver to them saying that if you are comfortable sharing your work, please enable the option? etc…

Fiverr gives the buyer the option with a very clear and conspicuous message. They won’t appreciate being asked again. Also, that is a kind of pressure and coercion.

Notice that your message asks that they “please” do it. No one owes you anything. It’s rude to ask buyers to do something for you.

Note that Fiverr just notifies the buyer of the option instead of telling them to do it?

And buyer will miss out on the option, if they are unaware of this feature.

Because some new buyers, dont know about this feature

Because some new buyers, dont know about this feature

How could they miss it if the only way they can choose it if Fiverr offers it to them? There is no other way. They can’t miss it because it is part of the checkout process.

You’re assuming people don’t choose it because they don’t know. But that doesn’t make sense…the only way they get the option is because Fiverr notifies them.

And in your suggested offer you aren’t notifying them, you’re asking them to do it for you. That’s coercion.

Your point doesn’t make sense and it’s just an excuse to coerce buyers.

Instead of trying to find a way to coerce buyers, create work that people want to share.

How could they miss it if the only way they can choose it if Fiverr offers it to them? There is no other way. They can’t miss it because it is part of the checkout process.

You’re assuming people don’t choose it because they don’t know. But that doesn’t make sense…the only way they get the option is because Fiverr notifies them.

And in your suggested offer you aren’t notifying them, you’re asking them to do it for you. That’s coercion.

Your point doesn’t make sense and it’s just an excuse to coerce buyers.

Instead of trying to find a way to coerce buyers, create work that people want to share.

part of the checkout process

I dont really get you, because I’m never purchase thing on Fiverr, so I dont know the process. So the FIverr system will notify them whether you want the work to be show or not?

They are willingly to share, but they don’t know how to share

create work that people want to share

Well, I’m very confident that my work is up to their standard.

image.png.712f700f619e8b25b887f4ffa01028f2.png

I dont really get you, because I’m never purchase thing on Fiverr, so I dont know the process. So the FIverr system will notify them whether you want the work to be show or not?

thing on Fiverr, so I dont know the process.

Exactly. Why are you advocating change to something without even knowing how it works? You’re complaining about a problem with the system that doesn’t even exist. You’re just assuming the reason they don’t select that option is because they don’t know. It’s arrogant.

You’re missing the point. You don’t get live porfolio.entries by coercion. People choose it because they want to display it. You’re refusing to accept that they don’t.

Supposed satisfaction doesn’t mean you get to coerce them into putting the work you did in your live portfolio. Your entitlement is concerning. Nothing makes that ethical or effective. It’s also a breach of the ToS.and people can get banned if they do this.

If people ask a buyer to add to their live portfolio they can be banned. And for good reason. It’s coercion. Read the ToS.

thing on Fiverr, so I dont know the process.

Exactly. Why are you advocating change to something without even knowing how it works? You’re complaining about a problem with the system that doesn’t even exist. You’re just assuming the reason they don’t select that option is because they don’t know. It’s arrogant.

You’re missing the point. You don’t get live porfolio.entries by coercion. People choose it because they want to display it. You’re refusing to accept that they don’t.

Supposed satisfaction doesn’t mean you get to coerce them into putting the work you did in your live portfolio. Your entitlement is concerning. Nothing makes that ethical or effective. It’s also a breach of the ToS.and people can get banned if they do this.

If people ask a buyer to add to their live portfolio they can be banned. And for good reason. It’s coercion. Read the ToS.

You’re just assuming the reason they don’t select that option is because they don’t know

I did ask my buyer, but they dont know where to enable the option.

Please see the previous screenshot

You’re just assuming the reason they don’t select that option is because they don’t know

I did ask my buyer, but they dont know where to enable the option.

Please see the previous screenshot

Then you either haven’t turned Live Portfolio on or your buyer wasn’t paying attention.

In any case, it’s so unethical to mention it your buyer. A bug or buyer inattention or some other issue doesn’t change that. What you did is still coercion. You only know your buyer didn’t see anything because you mentioned it.

Then you either haven’t turned Live Portfolio on or your buyer wasn’t paying attention.

In any case, it’s so unethical to mention it your buyer. A bug or buyer inattention or some other issue doesn’t change that. What you did is still coercion. You only know your buyer didn’t see anything because you mentioned it.

your buyer wasn’t paying attention

That’s why I created this post on the forum to ask for advice. It’s similar to “buyer dont read my description” forum

so unethical to mention it your buyer

If there are any miscommunication/ questions with buyer, it will be better to just ask the buyer. Dont cant mention is sample work with buyer?

your buyer wasn’t paying attention

That’s why I created this post on the forum to ask for advice. It’s similar to “buyer dont read my description” forum

so unethical to mention it your buyer

If there are any miscommunication/ questions with buyer, it will be better to just ask the buyer. Dont cant mention is sample work with buyer?

That’s why I created this post on the forum to ask for advice.

You didn’t ask why your buyer may not have seen it. You asked if it was okay to coerce him into doing it. If you read the ToS you would know that is not allowed. It’s unethical.

If there are any miscommunication/ questions with buyer, it will be better to just ask the buyer.

There was no miscommunication. You brought it up with your buyer, breaching the ToS.

That’s why I created this post on the forum to ask for advice.

You didn’t ask why your buyer may not have seen it. You asked if it was okay to coerce him into doing it. If you read the ToS you would know that is not allowed. It’s unethical.

If there are any miscommunication/ questions with buyer, it will be better to just ask the buyer.

There was no miscommunication. You brought it up with your buyer, breaching the ToS.

breaching the ToS

Which TOS have I breached? As far as I know, bring the sample work topics is not wrong. Unlike asking for reviews

breaching the ToS

Which TOS have I breached? As far as I know, bring the sample work topics is not wrong. Unlike asking for reviews

It’s clearly shown that you don’t read my previous comment or just don’t know what to comment. …

Thanks

bring the sample work topics is not wrong. Unlike asking for reviews

Hi, I had completed 20+ completed 5stars orders, but only 1 sample show up when enable live portfolio.

So my question : how can I ask the buyer to enable “ showing sample on my gig?”

Buyer sometimes don’t know theres a option for showing

Thanks in advanced

Nope.

enable live portfolio.

So my question : how can I ask the buyer to enable “ showing sample on my gig?

Live Portfolio entries ARE a review. You only get them when the person reviews you and selects they want their item included in it and the item is attached to the rating. And you only get them if the buyer thinks it necessary.

It baffles me why you don’t understand why it’s unethical and unprofessional to coerce someone into opting into your portfolio.

I’ve been a buyer. The check box is VERY easy to see. Buyers are not going to “miss out on the option”. The buyer can choose to check the box if they want to allow the delivered work in your gallery, or they can ignor the check box, and not allow the delivered work to be seen publicly. It is entirely up to them, since, according to Fiverr’s rules, they own the work you deliver. It is their work to do with as they choose. You cannot force them to allow it in your gallery.

image.png.ac93bfeeabdb370f936b1ae9fc09abb0.png

image.png.ac93bfeeabdb370f936b1ae9fc09abb0.png

But for new buyer, do they understand this option?

I do know I cant force them, but will remind them that there actually have this feature on Fiverr

Thanks for all the help

But for new buyer, do they understand this option?

I do know I cant force them, but will remind them that there actually have this feature on Fiverr

Thanks for all the help

It seems like you already made up your mind on the issue even after getting feedback from others. If you still want to “remind” them the feature exist that’s 100% your decision to make. Good luck and I hope it’s doesn’t come back around to bite you in the long run.

Archived