Fiverr Community Forum

How can we stop sellers from posting in the [buyers request]?

Dear Desperate Sellers!

I know you are trying to gain customers and traffic in your GIGs, but posting That: “I’m a professional Designer and I’m going to make a logo or any work for you for $5”, This won’t help you at all.
Please Stop Spamming the “BUYERS REQUEST” page.

And Fiverr our Amazing Partners Please do something about this!
It will really be really Helpful!

And Sellers what do you think about this Topic?
Comment Bellow!

Thank You
Alcy

12 Likes

I think the blame here is completely on Fiverr, why don’t they build a system that’s intelligent enough to turn down any request that violates the Buyer Request section? Surprisingly the system will reply that your post is undergoing review before going live!

5 Likes

Seriously! I went to Buyer request page to check if there is a work that I could do. First 4 “Buyer requests” were from sellers who are desperate like you said.

But guess what. There are many offers requested from them. So I guess even buyers use this to find the sellers for their work.

In my opinion, solution is having separate buyer and seller request pages and blocking who are misusing that.

4 Likes

Pretty simple. -

Take money away. -$5. Same here. Pop it into a charity account for one legged horse children without unicornism.Watch with amusement as bad behavior suddenly stops,

Won’t happen mind.

5 Likes

You could moan about it I guess. Stupidity is infinite.

1 Like

It is more difficult than you would think. I’m totally in agreement that Buyer Requests needs work, but an automated system would be problematic. Lots of sellers are also buyers. I’m one of them. Most of the things you could automate would catch both good and bad requests. Fiverr is making inroads on it, but it’s a slow process.

2 Likes

A reporting system where a certain number (5-10?) of reports would block a request. Alternatively, a few dedicated sellers in each category who had the authority to block Buyer requests if necessary. I’m sure a few people would be happy to do it, there are enough posts here about the issue.

5 Likes

Community moderation works very well on some sites. I would love to see this tried for Buyer Requests.

2 Likes

For every seller that posts in the buyer request section, there should be a ban penalty that should be taken seriously.

2 Likes

They should create something separate for seller promotion then they would stop posting it in buyer requests.

3 Likes

I think a report button would be the solution, 3 reports and your message is automatically deleted form the buyer request section or something.
Repeat offenders should be banned or blocked or similar (but they will just open another account I am afraid).

Perhaps Fiverr can hire some extra help to get the buyer request section cleaned up. (I would be interested in helping out).

3 Likes

It’s definitely a good idea, and won’t require resources, as the majority of sellers trying to use it for its intended purpose will have no problem clicking a report button.

Tag it up with financial penalties and aside from some fruitless whining on the forum, it’ll stop rapidly. $5 might not be much money, but to some the people who typically do this kind of thing, it represents a significant chunk of income. If they won’t listen, hit them where it hurts! It’s probably illegal, isn’t it? Oh well.

EDIT: as there’s no account penalties, the whole “I’ll just start a new account and try again” strategy will also fail. It’s fair. All that needs to be done is make sure this is made crystal clear. I mentioned the charity somewhat jokingly last night, but it’s the only right thing to do with this slush fund. Of course, if this idea ever gets put into action, I have every faith that Fiverr will make a horrific mess of it.

1 Like

I agree with you, only then Seller will stop posting in the buyer request section.

2 Likes

yeah that’s also a good Idea!

1 Like

Wow this is a good Idea, there should be a Report button in THE BUYER REQUESTs or Fiverr Should Review Every Request that Goes into the BUYER REQUEST, if it is a seller Promoting his Work, they Should Block the seller from posting on the Buyer Request Section!

1 Like

I think there should be a Report button in THE BUYER REQUESTs to report those who promote their Work in the BUYER REQUEST SECTION or Fiverr Should Review Every Request that Goes into the BUYER REQUEST so that if it is a seller Promoting his Work, they Should Block the seller from posting on the Buyer Request Section!

1 Like

I guess it will be too many buttons… We have report link beside the contact me. We can use it. Just give more option to select a reason why we did report him.

2 Likes

Automatic blocking based on number of reports leads to harassment. They always need to be reviewed manually, so that person A doesn’t ‘get mad’ at person B and cause problems for them.

What they CAN do is write a complicated scanning program that flags potential problem requests and puts them in a review list. Multiple reports could also put them into this list, to be reviewed, never auto-blocked.

2 Likes

It would limit the irritation if users were allowed one and only one active request. Also, requests should be auto-deleted after a certain timeframe. This would not stop Sellers from posting in the Buyer Requests, but it would at least reduce the postings.

1 Like

YES!!!
I saw this happen once, and out of curiosity when I tried to do the same thing, it didn’t work!! They rejected mine! Mine was never published so I know it wasn’t reported by anyone. So the request I saw another seller posted I had reported it to support and they removed the seller’s request. So I don’t know what’s up with that. Seems they really do need a system for that or if they do, it needs improvement.

2 Likes