Fiverr Community Forum

How can we stop sellers from posting in the [buyers request]?

check the screen shot, you will see whre the Report Button appears!

1 Like

That only removes it from the requests you can view, it stays there for everybody else.

It’s not a report button.

3 Likes

That’s what i said it only removes them from your list!

1 Like

No, you said it’s a report button - it isn’t! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This really confused me as a new user. One my second day of using Fiverr, I was looking at the requests page and saw so many requests from sellers on there that I thought that I was supposed to use that to advertise myself. So I tried writing a request, but it got declined with a warning saying it was against rules and wouldn’t be allowed or my account could be banned if I did it again.

It was then I read into it more on the forums and realised that’s only meant for buyers requests, but then I was even more confused because I thought, how the heck do all those other people get theirs up on there then if I was given a warning? :confused:

2 Likes

You had my hopes up, it’s not a report button :unamused:

I believe all requests go through some kind of keyword check, so as long as you’re not using forbidden keywords your request gets published.
Feel free to contribute to this poll

6 Likes

Lol yeah.

Did/does the BR > Send Quotes relabeling provide a brief respite, BTW? :wink:

2 Likes

Nope :frowning:
It’s a wrong label in the wrong place

2 Likes

How are buyer requests from sellers even let through? I thought everything was vetted before hand?

2 Likes

Manually? No, of course not. It would be waste of resources to go through all those requests manually.
They need to optimize their auto-blocker and set up a reporting system.

1 Like

Right now from the appearance of that Poll, only a fraction of sellers have the new wording, so the old wording would still lead to lots of confusion. If they do relabel it site-wide, it’s possible that it could help after enough time passes. I hold out some hope for that. As long as the majority of new and confused sellers still see it worded as Buyer Request, some will still misunderstand it and others will pretend to misunderstand it.

1 Like

I fully agree to this.

1 Like

Fiverr should differentiate a Buyer and seller account. Right now I think the options of buyer and seller accounts are same. Because of that some of the seller may not under the option and post there :frowning:

1 Like

Before I was a seller, I was a buyer on this site. I remember once posting a request which was pretty vague. Something like, “Looking for an awesome T-shirt designer” or something. That posting was declined as it didn’t have enough information. Therefore, it seems that at some point, somebody was looking at the postings before they went live.

1 Like

Point is : there should be a report button for preventing the sellers from posting there.

Oh okay I wasn’t sure how that worked. Is it really possible to have a foolproof system though? Can they make it any better than it already is?

1 Like

It’s also possible that those places and people that give good tips and do more sinister stuff, tell them that there actually are buyers reading buyer request, the resellers, so that it would make sense to post there.
But the majority might just misinterpret it.

1 Like

Probably not. However, Fiverr has options to improve it. I’m also using other freelance platforms and right now others have much better systems in place.

1 Like

Report button would be misused for fun and entertainment by some I’m afraid. :slight_smile:

Something must be done to discourage sellers from posting on buyers request. It usually not encouraging.