How did you become successful on Fiverr?

gmanasseh

Read @paulmaplesden thread about how sellers have become successful on Fiverr! There are 38 attached that will motivate any new seller!

I know this is a long post, and it requires a lot of reading. But, if you do read it, act on it, and take advantage of the suggestions, it will help you be successful on Fiverr. There are no easy routes to success on the platform, but the guidance here will put you ahead of most other sellers, and help you turn Fiverr into a viable income stream. The question is, how important is that to you? The Fiverr forum is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and interact with other highly-engaged…

Read @paulmaplesden thread about how sellers have become successful on Fiverr! There are 38 attached that will motivate any new seller!

I know this is a long post, and it requires a lot of reading. But, if you do read it, act on it, and take advantage of the suggestions, it will help you be successful on Fiverr. There are no easy routes to success on the platform, but the guidance here will put you ahead of most other sellers, and help you turn Fiverr into a viable income stream. The question is, how important is that to you? The Fiverr forum is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and interact with other highly-engaged…

It is very important to me because my aim is to build an online business. Thanks for the link.

Im willing to work my ass off just waiting for that 1st client!

You’ll get some soon 🙂

While you are waiting here on Fiverr, consider these awesome tips too:

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

The problem you have here is… you’re waiting. That’s not a sound business strategy. Stop waiting for things to happen, and MAKE them happen. The only thing stopping you from becoming successful – is you.

The problem you have here is… you’re waiting. That’s not a sound business strategy. Stop waiting for things to happen, and MAKE them happen. The only thing stopping you from becoming successful – is you.

Jonbaas I’m advertising my butt off on social media.

And is that where your targeted, researched, “these are the people who need what I have to offer” customers are located?

I know I don’t make enough to make a living only based on Fiverr, but I guess I can say I’m doing OK enough.
The number one thing I can say for sure is that I spent a LONG time putting my gigs
together. Writing the description ( I made sure it was clear and detailed ), creating sample images, also compared them with the other successful sellers, etc etc.
Once the gig is created of course you can promote them to your target audiences, but
still your gig needs to be good and look good.

I haven’t checked your gigs yet but as long as you are good at what you are doing,
you should get the first break.
You might want to keep in mind though, no matter how good you might be, it could
take WEEKS ( and even months…) to get your first order.

And is that where your targeted, researched, “these are the people who need what I have to offer” customers are located?

Well I am not sure exactly where to find them on social media but I post in groups that are geared towards earning money online.

I know I don’t make enough to make a living only based on Fiverr, but I guess I can say I’m doing OK enough.

The number one thing I can say for sure is that I spent a LONG time putting my gigs

together. Writing the description ( I made sure it was clear and detailed ), creating sample images, also compared them with the other successful sellers, etc etc.

Once the gig is created of course you can promote them to your target audiences, but

still your gig needs to be good and look good.

I haven’t checked your gigs yet but as long as you are good at what you are doing,

you should get the first break.

You might want to keep in mind though, no matter how good you might be, it could

take WEEKS ( and even months…) to get your first order.

You are a top rated seller and you don’t make enough to make a living only on fiverr. Interesting.

Well I am not sure exactly where to find them on social media but I post in groups that are geared towards earning money online.

Well I am not sure exactly where to find them on social media

Why do new sellers always seem to think their customers are casually hanging out on social media, and are just waiting to see random posts from random people asking them buy their random services?

That’s not how business – or marketing – works.

Hypothetically, if your service was selling ice-cold bottled water, then you’d probably go to the hot, sandy beach… where people want a cool beverage to drink. If you service was the installation of brand new car tires, go where the roads are bad and people drive cars. Expecting untargeted social media to be the immediate solution to sales and success is like expecting a baby to build a time machine. It’s not going to happen.

Figure out who your customers are and go to where those customers are located. Don’t go to social media, and expect them to be there waiting for you to arrive.

Well I am not sure exactly where to find them on social media

Why do new sellers always seem to think their customers are casually hanging out on social media, and are just waiting to see random posts from random people asking them buy their random services?

That’s not how business – or marketing – works.

Hypothetically, if your service was selling ice-cold bottled water, then you’d probably go to the hot, sandy beach… where people want a cool beverage to drink. If you service was the installation of brand new car tires, go where the roads are bad and people drive cars. Expecting untargeted social media to be the immediate solution to sales and success is like expecting a baby to build a time machine. It’s not going to happen.

Figure out who your customers are and go to where those customers are located. Don’t go to social media, and expect them to be there waiting for you to arrive.

lol ok Jonbass. Thanks for the advice will have to really do some research for that one.

You are a top rated seller and you don’t make enough to make a living only on fiverr. Interesting.

TRS means I did a good job and therefore I got good ratings ( someone please correct me if I’m wrong ), it doesn’t mean that I have made top “number” in sales.

I guess this depends on where you live, but say I made $1000 a month. It’s rather rare in my

case, but it has happened a few times. At least in Tokyo, that is NOT enough AT ALL to

make a living. TRS might mean you are successful, and yes, I AM indeed successful in a way that I have been able to help a lot of people and made them happy.

It doesn’t mean I am rich. 💰

TRS means I did a good job and therefore I got good ratings ( someone please correct me if I’m wrong ), it doesn’t mean that I have made top “number” in sales.

I guess this depends on where you live, but say I made $1000 a month. It’s rather rare in my

case, but it has happened a few times. At least in Tokyo, that is NOT enough AT ALL to

make a living. TRS might mean you are successful, and yes, I AM indeed successful in a way that I have been able to help a lot of people and made them happy.

It doesn’t mean I am rich. 💰

Ok, wasn’t thinking you are rich, just assumed that once you are at that level, it would provide you with the opportunity to be able to live off it if you wanted to, but different strokes for different countries.

In Jamaica making a $1000 per month is a basic salary for a number of people especially young university graduates and even some persons are making $400 as minimum wage which is insufficient to make ends meet.

but I post in groups that are geared towards earning money online.

That is actually a big issue. I hate to say this, but people who are trying to make money online are not the type of people who are willing to spend money on something they feel that can do themselves. I am one of these people, we tend to also try to be as frugal as possible, or are trying to find ways to supplement our current income.

This group is not likely to buy gigs on Fiverr, so it is similar to advertising on groups for freelance writing. There are far fewer jobs than there is demand in these groups too.

I would say try to find a niche. Find something very specific that you can do, and focus on that market. I write a lot of articles for veganism for clients, because veganism and plant-based diets are a trending topic at the moment. It works.

If it wasn’t for niches, I’d be making almost nothing.

but I post in groups that are geared towards earning money online.

That is actually a big issue. I hate to say this, but people who are trying to make money online are not the type of people who are willing to spend money on something they feel that can do themselves. I am one of these people, we tend to also try to be as frugal as possible, or are trying to find ways to supplement our current income.

This group is not likely to buy gigs on Fiverr, so it is similar to advertising on groups for freelance writing. There are far fewer jobs than there is demand in these groups too.

I would say try to find a niche. Find something very specific that you can do, and focus on that market. I write a lot of articles for veganism for clients, because veganism and plant-based diets are a trending topic at the moment. It works.

If it wasn’t for niches, I’d be making almost nothing.

Will research that as well

thanks vickiespencer, for the informative link. 🙂

Archived