How did you get successful on Fiverr (share your story)

hamad_moniem

Hi guys! I am a new seller here on Fiverr
I make amazing websites but I can’t get any buyers.
Sadly, I have no social media accounts or any way to tell anyone about my gig. It’s been a week and hardly anything.
Any advice on my gigs or any stories on how anyone got viral on fiverr (preferably without Social Media) for some inspiration. Thanks!

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 21 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Specific to your situation, please see (FAQ) point 1:

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

I’m gonna share a quote for that.

How I got my first order, is not how you’ll get yours, so knowing how I achieved success isn’t likely to be helpful to you. Each seller is different, and each seller has a different target market. Market research. I understand my target customers, and I know how to connect to them.

I mean be successful

Kind of off topic but going viral doesn’t equal success.

A video or web page promoting a product can get a million views. That doesn’t mean it will make a lot of sales or even any at all.

But back to your question it’s totally wrong to think you need social media for your gig to be successful. That almost never works. It’s just a myth perpetuated by Youtubers and forum posters.

Finally, it’s as simple as creating something that people want that doesn’t have loads of competitors. It’s your responsibility to ensure you have in demand skills and your responsibility to research your competition to make sure you aren’t superfluous.

I never relied on any social media, I’ve never tweeted/posted about my Fiverr gigs.
I get the feeling IF you really know how to use them, social media
can be a great way to generate business including Fiverr, but simply tweeting/posting your gigs is not good enough for sure.

I believe I ended up getting sales simply through my good reviews, and word of mouth. It took a while to get to a certain point.

Kind of off topic but going viral doesn’t equal success.

A video or web page promoting a product can get a million views. That doesn’t mean it will make a lot of sales or even any at all.

But back to your question it’s totally wrong to think you need social media for your gig to be successful. That almost never works. It’s just a myth perpetuated by Youtubers and forum posters.

Finally, it’s as simple as creating something that people want that doesn’t have loads of competitors. It’s your responsibility to ensure you have in demand skills and your responsibility to research your competition to make sure you aren’t superfluous.

Thanks for your advice!

No Fiverr sellers have gone viral. I think you meant to ask something else or you’ve misunderstood the word.

I’d actually consider at least two former Fiverr sellers who became “viral” internet meme celebrities. It seems I cannot mention their names or else my post goes under review…

I never relied on any social media, I’ve never tweeted/posted about my Fiverr gigs.

I get the feeling IF you really know how to use them, social media

can be a great way to generate business including Fiverr, but simply tweeting/posting your gigs is not good enough for sure.

I believe I ended up getting sales simply through my good reviews, and word of mouth. It took a while to get to a certain point.

Interesting advice! will take into consideration.

I’d actually consider at least two former Fiverr sellers who became “viral” internet meme celebrities. It seems I cannot mention their names or else my post goes under review…

Yes.

But it wasn’t a gig that went viral. It was publicity and content about a gig that went viral. That’s the distinction a lot of sellers here don’t understand. They think posting their gig, which is a sales page, will convert people into buyers. Sales almost never works that way. What converts is the activity that led to the sales page being opened, not the share of the sales page itself.

If something is successful on social media, it’s entertainment, content or community engagement that is getting the attention and inspiring action, NEVER a sales page.

All the shady YouTube videos on supposed Fiverr marketing just tell you to share your gig link everywhere. That’s not only spam, but it’s not even possible to convert that into a sale because that’s not how people buy things.

Yes.

But it wasn’t a gig that went viral. It was publicity and content about a gig that went viral. That’s the distinction a lot of sellers here don’t understand. They think posting their gig, which is a sales page, will convert people into buyers. Sales almost never works that way. What converts is the activity that led to the sales page being opened, not the share of the sales page itself.

If something is successful on social media, it’s entertainment, content or community engagement that is getting the attention and inspiring action, NEVER a sales page.

All the shady YouTube videos on supposed Fiverr marketing just tell you to share your gig link everywhere. That’s not only spam, but it’s not even possible to convert that into a sale because that’s not how people buy things.

I concur with you assessment. The two sellers I am referencing did become viral and very successful, but it wasn’t the gig themselves that made them so. It was their humorous nature and big, confident personalities that made their content compelling. That compelling content was what propelled viewers to share it around the internet, which in turn is what made them “viral.”

Unfortunately, their viral fame is also directly linked to why they are “former” Fiverr sellers.

I concur with you assessment. The two sellers I am referencing did become viral and very successful, but it wasn’t the gig themselves that made them so. It was their humorous nature and big, confident personalities that made their content compelling. That compelling content was what propelled viewers to share it around the internet, which in turn is what made them “viral.”

Unfortunately, their viral fame is also directly linked to why they are “former” Fiverr sellers.

Yep. I still routinely see people Tweeting insults at Fiverr demanding they reinstate a particular seller by the name of Pete.

Archived