How did you pick your "Delivery Time"?

anarchofighter

I adjust the time constantly, actually, to accomodate for workloads, weekends and personal issues, etc. Sometimes it’s really long - currently it’s 29 days on one of my gigs because I used to get 15-20+ orders a day and I couldn’t keep up. Believe it or not, at one time, my gig was 4 days! Now I’ve sold almost 3K and i can’t keep up with demand, but I am trying so hard! Sometimes I offer faster turnaround for an “extra” but somedays I get so many orders I can’t even do that. I wish I could but things in life just aren’t letting me finish my orders as fast as I once did.

I know customers hate long turnarounds but … until fiverr allows us to CAP order amounts, I think I have to do this or I get way too many orders. I don’t want to disable my gig, that’s for sure! Too many return clients I can’t lose.

I really wish fiverr would let us cap order amounts… that way I wouldn’t have to worry so much and it would help prevent the surprise “Bulk” order without them asking first. Sometimes that really puts a dent in my queue and I get a little stressed. Yeah, MadMoo, I agree, I’m the same way and I always worry “WHAT IF I GET SICK???” 😛

Capping order amounts is a REALLY good suggestion!!! I know I’m lucky to have so many people buying my gigs but I don’t like to get overwhelmed.

I increase/decrease delivery time depending on how many orders I get and how much other work I have going on, but at a certain point the orders can overwhelm you.

storyteller I’m personally afraid to pause my gig ever again… I did it once a long time ago when I got overwhelmed and I completely lost my ranking in the fiverr search engine somehow and had to ask tech support for help because I didn’t get ANY orders in more than a week… that was scary! Considering I was pulling 10-15+ a day before that :(… so now I just fight my way through my queue and try not to get overwhelmed. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tn5rr2012

I started out at 5 days, then bumped myself to 10 days and then settled in for the 10 days which I am at not. This guarantees I will have weekends to work on a family tree (I have a day job) as for asking for tips I hate doing it but the gig is there, every blue moon someone will place tip in my jar

Reply to @madmoo: I do the same thing with the delivery time.

I also add order caps and make the delivery time 29 days to off put bad buyers for my writing gig. I also say that I write under 200 words per gig, when in reality I’ve never delivered under 500.

So if you want to control the flow of gigs you can always do this 😃

I wonder if it is possible for Fiverr to auto calculate the delivery time. For instance, if we state a lead-time of 3 days and set a cap at 3 orders, then the Fiverr system calculates and adjusts the delivery time for next set of 3 orders, and so forth. This will really work for me.

I think they can work out the algorithm to factor in the extras as well.

My delivery times change all the time. At the moment they sit on 4 since I regularly take Wednesdays and Sundays off so I can make sure I get to take those days off. They have been 22 days in the past because I was away for two weeks but didn’t want to take my gigs down - I put a note on my profile stating why I had that long wait time. I did get a buyer rudely ask why my gig had 22 days because others were offering much shorter times.

I tend to stick to 7 days or less though if I can. I don’t do mine on the day though since I usually have other work. I set up my working day the night before so, unless there’s time, so Fiverr jobs get moved onto the next day or the day after that. If I can empty my queue then I happily will do though.

Reply to @choochypuss: I have a note to say if they would like to order more than three at a time (two at a time on my more popular gigs) then to contact me first. It doesn’t always happen but I rarely cancel (even though I say I will) unless there is a stupid amount order. One buyer ordered 16 in one go without following any of my instructions. Needless to say, they were cancelled with a note to say please order in blocks if he/she wanted to order again.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

My delivery time changes with my mood and when I feel I need to update my gig. I need to update the video presentations fairly soon. Especially the Fiverr blog one. I think the main issue I have is people see my delivery time and sometimes choose express gigs. I think that express gigs are for people in a rush. If I want quality and I don’t see a large queue I’m willing to wait. 🙂

I also can usually produce my finished product within one to two days, but I give myself from 5 days to 20 days for longer more complicated legal contracts, just to have some wiggle room. I appreciate it personally if I don’t have to rush to the computer within hours, as I’m a single parent, with a full time job and a heavy social life. 🙂

Archived